Paris Cost of Taxi

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Marge

Paris Cost of Taxi

Trying to decide if we want to take a taxi from Air France to Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais. Might arrive in Paris about 2:30 p.m. What would the cost of the taxi be?

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Bob

Taxi would be 300ff to 400ff. Also outside the Termial are non-taxis
for hire at a fixed price. Last year it was 450ff plus tip and no waiting in line.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:58 AM
Christina

My experience is very different from above, at least when arriving on a weekend morning -- I have never had a taxi fare from CDG to Left Bank (farther than Marais)-- have a fare higher than 250F. I have also taken a taxi many times from 5/6/14/15 arrondisements TO CDG on Sat or Sun morning and again the fares were 200-250F. I don't know what the nontaxis for hire would be, some private car? I could believe they would be more expensive, but don't understand why you'd pay 450F for a flat fare which is almost double a taxi fare. So, it depends on day of week; traffic seems busier during weekdays to me, even in mid-afternoon, but my guess would be about 200F.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:41 AM
Shanna

Shuttle was (we were told at information desk) from CDG into Paris 100ff each. Couldn't get space when I tried to reserve from US. For taxi we paid ~260ff to Left Bank for 2 people, 2 suitcases, and gave the nice fellow a tip. We took the train back to CDG for 49ff each, long walk to train, crowded, dirty, standing room only, long ride, off the train on the bus. Take the nice, genteel taxi.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Gretchen

The taxi fare in a "Taxi Parisien" will be in the neighborhood of 250-300FF depending on luggage and tip. Be sure to get the Taxi Parisien. Other cabs will charge the flat 400FF+ fare.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:47 AM
StCirq

I've rarely paid more than 250F, never more than 300F, and I'm inevitably traveling at rush hour and traveling to the Left Bank. At 2:30 pm, you shouldn't have to pay more than 250F at most.