Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris CDG Pick-Ups?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-cdg-pick-ups-172125/)

Shar Mar 14th, 2002 10:21 AM

Paris CDG Pick-Ups??

I have emailed PariShuttle 3 times requesting a pick up for my family of 6 on 3/17. They do not respond. (Very disconcerting since I gave the site my credit card # to reserve the shuttle) Any recommendations on what shuttle to take to our hotel? Can I charge the ride to my credit card? (I wasn't planning on getting euro until I arrived in Paris) Thanks in advance

mark Mar 14th, 2002 11:08 AM

Dear Shar<BR><BR>Please accept my deepest apologies for the late reply to your e mail request.<BR>I have confirmed your transfer , please check your e mail account.<BR>Modifications being made to our site have unfortunately prevented us from receiving & replying to e mail requests.<BR>Have a nice flight & we look forward to seeing you on Sunday. <BR><BR>best regards <BR>Mark Harris<BR>Parishuttle

Libby Mar 15th, 2002 09:59 PM

Can anyone give me a general idea how the taxi costs (in euro) from CDG to the center of town?<BR><BR>Thanks.

alex Mar 16th, 2002 12:57 AM

Libby:<BR>A taxi should cost $35-40, with tip. You may wish to do the dollar/euro conversion (roughly 40-45-euros). I still reflexively convert dollars to francs and know an euro is worth less than a dollar.

Beth Mar 18th, 2002 02:20 PM

Ah ha, it seems Mark has jumped to the competition. I used PariShuttle last July, and my friends and I were very pleased. Coming back in a month - I also was concerned that I got no e:mail confirmation so called also. Spoke with a delightful young woman with very fluent English. Our one driver had been to more American cities than I have as a native.

topper Mar 28th, 2002 11:40 AM

topping for all those asking about the shuttle service.

JBX Mar 28th, 2002 11:58 AM

Get me straight. Mark is with the "good" shuttle service & reliable to use?<BR>

Statia Mar 28th, 2002 12:02 PM

We just take the RER line into the city......saves all this hassle. Cheaper, too. Just a suggestion.

For JBX Mar 28th, 2002 12:58 PM

Yes. You got it.

david Mar 28th, 2002 10:29 PM

yes JBX Mark has switched a couple of months ago to parishuttle , there is a thread somewhere on the subject.<BR>He is definitely one of the "good guys" and from what I saw in Paris last month his new venture looks to be a very efficient service.<BR>He is contactable on 0143909191 or e mail [email protected]<BR><BR>I think the one to avoid is Airport Shuttle the blue & yellow vans since mark left i've read nothing but complaints on this board.

ttt Mar 29th, 2002 05:07 AM

ttop

zz-top Apr 4th, 2002 08:52 AM

Up for others. Anna posted her recent experience (not a good one) with regards to Airport Shuttle. Need further clarification on which TO use and which NOT to use. Other recent experiences?<BR><BR>

janice Apr 4th, 2002 09:09 AM

Definitely Parishuttle , we used them last week having followed the threads on this board for a couple of months.<BR><BR>We reserved directly with Mark & had no problems both on the way in and out.<BR>You can pay on the day so there is no risk to your credit card being used fraudulently as with airport shuttle.<BR><BR>if you are really worried then try a regular taxi.<BR><BR>The address i had was [email protected]<BR>

Sue Apr 4th, 2002 09:10 AM

Do I have this right: Paris Shuttle charges 17 euros/person for 2-5 people, and cab is between 35-40 dollars. For 3 of us, cab makes more sense, n'est-ce pas?

janice Apr 4th, 2002 09:16 AM

Sue we went directly through Mark & he charged us 15 per person.<BR>I mentioned Fodors in my request & he was very happy to offer me that rate .<BR>A taxi could be much more than 45 euros especially when you add on your suitcases traffic etc.<BR>i know they won t take 4 in a taxi

Sue Apr 4th, 2002 09:43 AM

Good points, Janice; how far in advance do you recommend that I reserve the shuttle? And the address is the wanadoo one? Thank you.

Beth Apr 4th, 2002 10:06 AM

We are arriving on 4/19 and I called this a.m. (6:30 a.m. EST) and reserved for that date. Easy as it could be. If you are concerned about giving your credit card info, then call them (33 1 4390 9191); it wasn't even requested. I told them I was a previous customer; darn, should have read my Fodors first and could have gotten a discount! But then 2 Euros is only about $1.85 extra. Won't sweat it. Hey, Mark, I want my discount!

mark Apr 4th, 2002 01:51 PM

Dear Beth<BR><BR>Contact me at your leisure via the address above & I will modify your transfer charge.<BR><BR>I do still check customer reactions & comments on Fodors when time permits( its 11.31pm & I 'm still working would you believe ).<BR>I see that there has been an awful lot of comment both positive & negative regarding various shuttle companies.I got myself into a lot of trouble the last time I spoke out so I have to be very careful what I say now.<BR>The majority of shuttle companies are very good , efficient , safe and trustworthy.At the end of the day you are the customer & it is up to you to decide who to use or whether to take a taxi , RER etc.<BR><BR>What is important is that you do come to Paris & enjoy this great city.<BR><BR>best regards <BR><BR>Mark Harris<BR>Office manager<BR>Parishuttle

curious Apr 4th, 2002 02:29 PM

Mark do you ever stop working ?<BR>Either you have a very nice office or a very understanding wife !

ttt Apr 4th, 2002 03:23 PM

ttt