Paris Cabarets

Mar 6th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Betty

Paris Cabarets

We are going to Paris in late August (first visit). We are going on a shoestring. Want to see a cabaret - but Crazy Horse and Moulin Rogue may be out of our price range. Is sitting at the bar any fun and can you see the show good? What other cabarets do you suggest.? We are staying about a mile from the Eiffel Tower - how far are we going to be from the "happenings"?

Mar 6th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Christina

I can't help you with the cabarets in terms of seeing from the bar, but I think they are all expensive and competitive with each other, so I don't think you are going to find anyone considerably cheaper than those. There are a few others, all well known -- the Lido, Folies Bergere and Paradis Latin. I think the FOlies may be the cheapest (www.foliesbergere.com) Here is a good article from an online newsletter than describes them so you can decide
http://www.paris-anglo.com/dedent/dedent.php?request=guide/understand/francofilechronicles/43.php

As for the distance, Notre Dame is probably about a mile from the Eiffel Tower so you wouldn't be far from anything if you're in that direction. It depends where you are. If you are a mile south of the Tower, that's the edge of Paris, I guess, and you'll be a couple miles from the center.

Search this Thread