Reload this Page >

Paris: cabaret costs and clothing questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Meommy

How much does it cost to go to Moulin Rouge or Lido? Is it just a show or dinner also? I am obsessing over jackets for next week in Paris. I have a light casual one for daytime (yellow waterproof shell - really too short to wear with a skirt) but I am not sure if I need to bring another dressier one to wear with skirts. It looks a little warmer than I expected.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:57 AM
TC

I think the Moulin Rouge show with dinner is about $120-$150 Euros, which is only slightly less in USD. There is a late nite drinks show, which I believe was only around $90. As I remember the Lido was the same price. There are lots of tour companies in Paris who package the show with transportation and a little sightseeing. Maybe others know of bargains. I am just remembering from the brochure in our hotel last month.<BR><BR>I would take both coats.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:12 AM
sstone

I would forget the yellow shell and go with a regular dark coat, probably wool. You can wear it day and night, casual or dressier. <BR>A long time ago, someone told me that they could spot an American tourist a mile away was they always wore those colored "wind breakers" .. they are ugly and don't keep you warm . If it rains, carry an umbrella.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Christina

I'm not sure what the casual one is, but it sounds like some kind of jacket that is yellow and waterproof, but does the shell mean there is a lining to it? I think that's okay for day time, a yellow rainjacket can be cute (duller yellow maybe better), but I wouldn't wear that at night and, as you said, it probably looks funny with a skirt. It's not that warm in Paris now, you will have to have some kind of outer garment for night -- it's down to upper 40s at night, even if in 60s in day time. I think a hip-length simple black or dark color microfiber (or something similar) raincoat would work. YOu could wear a sweater under it if that's not warm enough. When I was in Krakow last Spring, it was about that temp or a little cooler and I had a hip-length black leather jacket that was about right (no heavy lining) at night, I also had a turtleneck and a nicer cardigan sweater I might wear at night (over a shell or nice shirt) and I sure was glad I did because it got very cool at night. I could wear my jacket with skirts, also, because I tend to wear ethnic or simple straight black skirts that looked okay with that, rather than "dressy" or flowery constructed skirts.<BR><BR>These shows are certainly expensive but both have web sites where you can view the various prices with or without dinner. www.lido.fr and www.moulinrouge.fr