I am planning a trip to Paris and Burgundy (specifically Beaune) and looking for a few recommendations.
(We land on Saturday morning spend the next two days in Paris leaving on Sunday evening to get to Beaune in time for dinner. we then leave Beaune on Tuesday evening to get back to Paris in time for a late dinner, spend Wednesday morning in Paris and return to the states on a 4:30pm flight)
First recommendation needed. A hotel in Paris - we'll only have 2 nights and less than 2 days to explore so we want something centrally located but not a tourist trap. It is my husband's 40th birthday celebration so a little higher end would be nice.
We were planning on taking the train from Paris to Beaune (via Dijon) - is that the best way to get there? Or do people prefer driving?
We'll have 2 nights/2 days in Beaune and are looking for a hotel recommendation. Something in the town so we can walk to restaurants and sites.
We are looking to do a wine tasting tour while down there. There are two tour groups I have found, both look lovely, and would love opinions on both:
Also, restaurant recommendations in both Paris and Beaune would be great!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 GTG Paris December 2017
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 8 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 Visit to France
- 14 Barcelona to Malaga
- 15 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 16 Trains - website?
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 family trip to Germany and more
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 22 Packing Champagne
- 23 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 24 Milan airport--which one
- 25 two days in Nice