PARIS BEAUVAIS AIRPORT

Search

PARIS BEAUVAIS AIRPORT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PARIS BEAUVAIS AIRPORT

We're planning to fly Paris Beauvais to Shannon via Ryan Air. Will need transport from Montparnasse train station to Beauvais. And, then on return flight, will need to get from Beauvais to CDG. Can anyone offer any ground transport advice?
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:46 PM
rex

From http://www.ryanair.com/dest/paris_around.html<BR><BR>Airport Bus Service:<BR><BR>The shuttle bus (costs 10 euro each way per person) connecting Paris Porte Maillot &amp; Beauvais airport. It is for the use of all passengers carrying an airline ticket.<BR><BR>In order to save you time, we advise you to buy your tickets for the Outbound &amp; Return journey at the same time.<BR><BR>Shuttle from Paris to Beauvais:<BR>The bus will meet you 3 hours prior to your flight departure time. The bus will be situated in the Pershing Car-park. It will depart the Car-park 2 Hours 45 Minutes prior to flight. Allowing 15 minutes for the boarding of the bus. You can purchase the tickets 30 minutes prior to the departure of the bus at the Pershing Car-park.<BR><BR>Shuttle from Beauvais to Paris:<BR>The bus will depart 15 to 30 minutes after the arrival of your flight. The bus will depart from the Airport Car-park. The tickets are on sale from the vending machines situated in the main Arrivals hall &amp; the main Airport hall.<BR><BR>Information : 0892 682 064 (0.37 cent per minute)<BR><BR>ATTENTION: This service is provided for Airline passengers and only passengers with Airline documentation will allowed to travel. <BR><BR>===========<BR><BR>Or you could drive (this makes sense only if you were doing the reverse - - arriving at Beauvais, and then returning to somewhere else after exploring in France), since there are rental car agencies AT Beauvais.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>[email protected]<BR>
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 07:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, Rex. I'm embarrassed I didn't find that info. in the Ryanair web site myself. I think I was very tired when I was researching last night.<BR>In any case, I greatly appreciate your help.<BR>--JAFA
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 08:11 AM

JAFA,<BR><BR>To get from the Gare Montparnasse to Porte Maillot, take the Metro line 13 direction Asnieres or Saint-Denis to Champs-Elysees Clemenceau and change to line 1, direction La Defense. Get off at Porte Maillot. Alternatively, you can take bus 82 direct, but this will take longer (about 45 min. vs. less than 1/2 hr).<BR><BR>On the way back, you can catch the Air France bus to CDG right at Porte Maillot as well. It leaves from the boulevard Gouvion St. Cyr right near the place du G&eacute;n&eacute;ral Koenig. I would recommend leaving a MINIMUM of 5 hours between your arrival at Beauvais and your scheduled departure time at CDG!<BR><BR>For detailed info on the bus service to and from Beauvais, check this link:<BR> http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/airport/shop_eng.html<BR><BR>Hope this helps,<BR><BR>Andre
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 01:28 PM
rex

You're welcome, but Andre's answer was as good as (or better than) mine. I didn't notice that you were asking about getting from Beauvais TO Charles de Gaulle. Sounds awful, tedious and time-consuming.<BR>
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 03:22 AM

What about passengers from airlines other than RyanAir?? Can they also use the bus? Is there any other way into the city? I am thinking of buying Venice-Paris tix on Volare flying into BVA.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 03:57 AM

tinlizzy2, Paris-Beauvais is not listed as a destination on www.volare-airlines.com.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 04:23 AM

You're right. Never seen the main page before but the tix I was referring to would be through Volareweb...there is a link on the page you posted. And on that site Paris BVA is a destination.
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Andre for the detailed info. and web site. Will check out.<BR><BR>Rex, I wish we didn't have to waste all that time, but we got a really excellent deal on flights from JFK to Paris, and we'll need to fly to Ireland for a wedding toward the end of our holiday. Ryanair seems to have the best deals, and they only fly in and out of Paris Beauvais.<BR><BR>Thanks again to all.<BR><BR>--JAFA