Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris Batobus Service in October? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-batobus-service-in-october-553554/)

goldwynn Aug 22nd, 2005 03:15 PM

Paris Batobus Service in October?

The Batobus website lists date of service from February 5, 2006 to January 2, 2006. However the timetable is shown April 22 to September 30,2005. Might this be only the summer schedule and they haven`t posted the rest of the year yet?

Or perhaps the Seine shuttle service has changed since I was there and used it in 2003 and in October and November. Anyone with current info?

goldwynn Aug 22nd, 2005 06:04 PM

ttt

jo_ann Aug 22nd, 2005 06:29 PM

Ah, the batobus. We really loved it last trip (2001), especially my husband. Reasonably priced, we used it for transport probably 3 or 4 times to go up or down river.
Forward to July, 2005: at the Eiffel Tower, desiring to go to Notre Dame area - great, let's use the Batobus. 11 euros per person!!! Egad! The young woman at the counter said, "oh, you must have used it last year before we changed the pricing".
So, if you used it in 2003, you may have the same memory we had. I think you'll find it's working in Oct/Nov, but whether you find it worthwhile, I can't guess. Of course, they could also have priced themselves out of existence.
I realize this doesn't help you with the schedule info, but it's more of the "current info" you've referenced.
(by the way - we took a taxi - 4 people - for 7.4 euros w/supplement, saving ourselves about 37 euros for about 15 minutes of travel!)

Christina Aug 22nd, 2005 06:39 PM

YOu made a mistake in your years as they don't make sense -- It must have listed Feb 2005 to Jan 2006. It operates all year except during January, basically.
You don't need a schedule much as it operates continuously, maybe you are just looking for opening hours.
Basically, it is about 10 am to 7 pm in March, April and October, 10 am to 9 ot 20 pm in May through September and 10:30 am to 4:30 pm in the real winter months (Nov-Feb).

Christina Aug 22nd, 2005 06:41 PM

hmmm, that was a typo, about 10 to 9 or 10 pm in late Spring/Summer. The schedule says 10 to 10 this year from the end of April to end of September. Maybe it's only around 9 pm in March and early April.

GeoffHamer Aug 23rd, 2005 01:11 AM

Batobus used to sell one-way tickets for an individual journey, but now seem to have only tickets for one day (or longer). The one-day ticket (11 euros) is good value if you want to do the complete round trip and hop on and off at one or two landing stages. The only problem is that they are much less frequent than the Metro, so you can waste time hanging around waiting for boats.

Margie Aug 23rd, 2005 02:18 AM

The 11 Euro fare is good for the entire day, you can ride as many times as you want. Try to use it as night - it's a nice way to cruise the seine without a tour leader screaming out the names of the sights as you pass by - it's quiet, relaxing, and you can ride as long as you like. The schedule on-line didn't include the hours for October yet, but I would think they will reduce the evening hours until 8 or 9 PM.

goldwynn Aug 23rd, 2005 03:40 AM

Yes I did make an error in the date as the website shows opening of service as February, 2005 not 2006 as Christina has pointed out.

Thank you for the info and when I am there in Paris I use the shuttle for all my transportation and walk otherwise. I usually buy the 5 day tickets. I have lots of time and thoroughly enjoy the river.

I guess they just have not posted the winter schedule as yet. I would hate to think they would have a cut back in service. Thank you again......and I`ll keep checking back for that schedule.

ediemaxie Aug 25th, 2005 04:57 AM

Where do you purchase the Batobus tickets? I recently read they also have a ticket good for 3 days for 15 euros. Is this true?

GeoffHamer Aug 25th, 2005 05:42 AM

Each landing stage has a ticket office and you can also buy tickets at various other places listed on www.batobus.com. The web site also lists prices.

goldwynn Oct 2nd, 2005 10:36 AM

The Batobus site is still showing the schedule as ending 30 September and I have been checking it periodically to see the winter times posted. I am just hoping they haven`t discontinued it during November. Anyone have an up-date on this..........?

jody Oct 2nd, 2005 11:30 AM

From the Batobus website

Fonctionnement du service :
Du 1er octobre au 02 novembre 05 :
De 10h00 à 19h00.

Horaires :
Du 03 novembre au 02 janvier :
De 10h30 à 16h30.

So from Oct 1 th Nov 2nd, 2005 the hours are 10:00 Am to 7 PM

from Nov 3rd to Jan 2..10:30 to 4:30

goldwynn Oct 2nd, 2005 12:32 PM

Jody: Thank you so much for pointing that out......that will teach me to only check the English version page only!

Guess they don`t feel it is important enough to keep that "other" page up-to-date.

So glad to hear that service is on-going as I so enjoy the river.

Thanks again.

Sarah Oct 2nd, 2005 12:38 PM

1-day Pass: €11 (€5 for children under 16, €7 Privilege rate ticket*)
2-day Pass: €13 (€6 for children under 16, €8 Privilege rate ticket*)
5-day Pass: €16 (€7 for children under 16, €10 Privilege rate ticket*)
Annual Pass: €50 (€30 for children under 16)

* The Privilege rate tickets are given to holders of student cards
and RATP or SNCF cards.