Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris ballet tickets in December - Swan Lake at the Bastille?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any tips on trying to find sold-out tickets? We were really hoping to see Swan Lake during our stay, Dec 26-30. The official site is saying the tickets are all sold out so we were hoping to find alternatives... is there a Craig's List equivalent for this type of thing?

I've heard you can call them directly to find tickets, or wait there before the show to get last-minute seats -- is this true?

Thanks!
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:09 PM

There are standing room tickets at the Bastille.
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 05:40 AM

I've had luck buying tickets at the box office at Bastille when online was sold out, just a few days before the date. I think they don't sell all tickets online, or something. Now I got a good seat as I won't even go if I don't have a good seat, but they do routinely only sell on-site the worst seats, you can't even by them online. So if you don't care about that, just go to buy one when you get there, and you might get one.

I'm sure there are some people who re-sell them, but wouldn't know where you go for that. There are always ticket brokers, I remember some post about that from last year or so and it named some URL that has POB tickets that weren't marked up too much.
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
All theatres have a standby list, just like the airlines. If you are willing to wait until the uncollected tickets are released about 10 minutes before curtain time, you generally have a pretty good chance of getting in.
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 10:34 AM

If y ou are staying in a hotel the concierge should be able to get you tickets for whatever you want - not sure what you would have to pay (and tip).