Paris: Au Gourmet de I'lle

Jun 9th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Original Poster

Paris: Au Gourmet de I'lle

I searched for over 4 hours for this restaurant: "Au Gourmet de I'lle" I had the correct address, I asked locals - it's not there anymore. Anyone have any information?
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:39 PM

Hi
I put the name of the restaurant into the search box and got a couple of threads with discussions about restaurants...this one is from last year..

Author: tower
Date: 09/22/2005, 07:47 pm
"Le Fin Gourmet is the new name for Au Gourmet de l'Isle. It is moderate in price, small and personal, and has very good food".

I agree...since we always stay on the ile (Lutece or Deux ile), we loved the Au Gourmet and revisited twice after the name change...excllent. Proof that you don't have to mortgage the farm to eat well in Paris....is the Monte Carlo still en ile? If,so, another small and excellent "dineries"...don't forget to visit Berthilon's(sp.)
Stu
Jun 9th, 2006, 10:47 PM

http://pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi

Plug in the address and there are two photographs w/ the new name.
Jun 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM

We took Rick Steves' advice and tried Cafe Med at 77 rue St. Louis en L'Ile. We had two excellent three course dinners for an unbelievably low 12 euros. The food was well prepared and presented, but the dining room is small, so if you like privacy, you may not like it. There specialty is crepes, and on weekends they feature a brunch.
Jun 10th, 2006, 05:57 PM

another one to be noted!!