Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Paris apartments--I've narrowed my search--help me choose!

Paris apartments--I've narrowed my search--help me choose!

Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:15 PM
Original Poster

Paris apartments--I've narrowed my search--help me choose!

I have spent hours on VRBO and most of the websites mentioned on threads here, and based on my time frame and other factors, have found these 3 interesting prospects.

Our plans for this trip include visits to the Louvre, L'Orangerie, St. Chapelle, Jacquemart-Andre, Cognac-Jay, Carnavalet, Versailles, a ballet at the Bastille, a concert at St. Chapelle, some shopping in one of the grand magasins, shopping on rue du Paradis, and a trip to an outdoor market for food.

These three apartments are available for my dates and are in my price range. Please comment if you know the area and /or these apartments. We are ok with using buses, metro and a good bit of walking.

3rd Arr 79 rue Quincampois: 665 euro/week

http://www.rentparis.com/details.php?l=en&id=28

3rd Arr 45 rue de Montmorency 700 euro/week

http://www.rentparis.com/details.php?l=en&id=9

Arr 5 rue du Cardinal Lemoine 495 euro/week

http://www.vrbo.com/30328
Thanks for your input,
Barb

Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:12 PM

quite honestly the last one looks the best to me....i know that area and it is fantastic really....near to everything...
Feb 22nd, 2007, 08:23 PM

I love the marais, but if I had to pick by the apartment I would pick the one on the left bank. It looks nice and the price is right.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM

I like how much light there is in the apt in the 5th. It's surprisingly cheap -- what's the catch?

Nice find, please let us know how it turns out, whatever you choose.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 10:09 PM
ltr

They all look nice. I do wonder if the last one has a loft area where the bed might be located. I ran into that scenario when I was looking last year. They added the square footage of the loft area to the living area. One of the apartments I considered actually ended up being a room about 14 ft by 20 ft which wasn't very big when part of it was a bathroom and kitchen.
Feb 22nd, 2007, 11:23 PM

Definitely wouldn't stay in the Beaubourg area if you are likely to be coming back to the apartment in the dark. The other one is in a good location. We rented an apartment in Rue du Dragon in the 6th from this company. It was certainly cheap but dark, noisy, right outside the lift and lightwell, and stuffy. We upgraded and paid almost double. Sometimes it's better to stretch the budget.

Search this Thread