Paris Apartment family of 4 w/small kids

Apr 4th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Paris Apartment family of 4 w/small kids

Hello,
I am in the beginning stages of planning a July 2008 vacation to Paris with my family which includes my husband, two children ages 9 and 7 as well as my parents (who will be staying in a hotel near the Place De La Concorde). We want to rent an apartment but still be somewhat close to my parents. Our budget is about $2500 US for the week which I hope will secure us a well appointed comfortable apartment in a family friendly neighborhood. So far I have considered VRBO (#39747) as well as RentalFrance.com (Rue du Champs de Mars). I am thinking that the 7th arrond. would be best for us in light of my children and the desire to be near my parents. Any thoughts? I have also looked at the Paris Perfect Apartments which look beautiful but the ones in my price range seem not to have a/c and that is something we Floridians cannot live without. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Apr 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM

I think you'll be very pleased with the location. The neighborhood is chock full of food shopping possibilities. It's also convenient to two metro stations on the same line as Concorde and the #42 bus which also goes to Place de la Concorde.
Apr 11th, 2007, 10:56 AM
ptm

Hi, We just booked our Paris-Perfect apartment and yes they are air-conditioned. Good luck.Ptm
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:05 AM

All ParisPrfect are A/C as of 3/31.....
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I like the one from RentalFrance as it has two separate bedrooms and 2 full baths, as well as a very large terrace. To me, it looks much nicer than the one from VRBO and isn't nearly as expensive. I didn't check the exact address, but I would think you'd be no more than a 5-minute walk to a metro. Good luck, and have fun shopping!
Apr 11th, 2007, 11:59 AM

I'd also try to be close to a park which will be fun for your kids.