Reposting-Restaurants in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, my husband and I will be in Paris next year. We will be staying at Hotel Tamaris, 14 rue des Maraichers, 75020. Our budget for dinner is maximum 15 euros per person including wine; our budget for lunch is no more than a 2-3 euros with drinks per person.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can suggest some nice restaurants nearby the hotel. Or if it's further please give me directions on how to get there!

Merci
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM
rex

See http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34965189

...and anyone who told you to do a "search" should read the following:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35041413

Searching has not worked here for the past ten weeks (except for items older than ten weeks old - - admittedly, there are some useful threads on Paris restaurants that are ten months old... and ten years old, and everywhere in between).

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:41 PM

I just want to warn you that your budget is very low for Paris. A drink alone, for example, will cost at least 2 Euro in a cafe so there is not much left for food at lunch!
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:47 PM

Jennifer...just put "inexpensive paris restaurants" in the search box and click on France. See what comes up; I got many answers by doing this a minute ago. But again, your budget is VERY low!
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM

I find Paris one of the cheapest major cities in the world for good dining. But 15 euros for a full dinner including wine is really getting difficult.

And please tell me you were joking about lunch for 2 euros with drinks!!

The cheapest full meals sometimes with wine that I know of are in a couple of places -- the largest concentration being just to the east of Place St. Michel. There are a couple hundred restaurants in a few block area (Rue Harpe, St. Severin, and others). Some do have a menu you can choose three courses from for 10, 12, or 15 euros, and some might even include a carafe of house wine. Do not expect great dining, but they can be surprisingly good (far better than anything you'd find in the US for that price).
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 12:54 PM

http://www.paris-eiffel-tower-news.com/subscribe.htm

If you subscribe for free to this newsletter, they will email a comprehensive file in .pdf format of "80 Inexpensive Restaurants in Paris"
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 01:08 PM
ira

Hi J,

>Our budget for dinner is maximum 15 euros per person including wine;....lunch is no more than a 2-3 euros with drinks per person.<

That's rather low.

The Leon de Bruxelles chain has a fixed price dinner for about 15E, if you like mussels.

I suggest that you get your lunch from the supermarkets.

You will probably want to get some of your dinners there, too.

Go to www.pagesjaunes.fr and enter "supermarche" and 75020 in the appropriate spots for those in your neighborhood.

Old Sep 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM

If you decide to splurge, I can recommend Les Allobroges in the 20th. We paid about 50 Euro with wine for a wonderful meal a few years ago. They are famous for their slow-cooked lamb.

I would NOT recommend buying meals at supermarkets if you can help it. There are many alternatives including small shops where you can buy cooked dishes; prices at some of the Asian take-aways, located throughout the city, are reasonable. At bakeries you can find quiches and inexpensive small treats; ask them to heat for you if you wish.
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Ah EK! You just mentioned one of my favorite places...I just did the lamb shanks in banyuls last night from Les Alloborges recipe!
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Jenniferg, I agree with the other post that this is a really low budget. I don't know where you can find lunch for 2-3 euros, it cost that much for water or coke. I don't know how many days you are staying, but I would plan on doing picnics for lunch and getting sandwiches or crepes from bakery. Still don't think you can do that for 2-3 euros.

Clea
Old Sep 9th, 2007, 10:13 AM

I agree, even a <i>sandwich jambon</i> in a boulangerie is more than 3 euros. Asian take-away is a good option for pre-made food: look for <i>&agrave; emprunter</i> (&quot;take-away&quotin the shop windows.

MonicaPileggi has some inexpensive recommendations among her other restaurant listings on this thread:
<i>Eating my way through Paris (Monica) May 2007</i>
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35003826

Good luck!