Reload this Page >

PARIS - Anyone comments on Hotel Lindbergh in Saint-Germain area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 08:12 PM
Rose Atienza

Will be travelling in February to Paris and came across Hotel Lindbergh as a reasonable hotel in the Saint-Germain area. Would like to know if hotel is clean for a 2 star hotel, friendly staff, etc. What do they mean by a double bed--is that good for two adults? <BR> <BR>Also, any good restaurants in the area? <BR> <BR>Would appreciate any response.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 09:41 PM
Joyce

We stayed at the Lindberg several years ago and found it to be very pleasant. Ask at the desk for restaurant recommendations in the area.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 02:56 PM
Christina

I've read good reviews of that hotel for a 2-star, it's in a nice location. I don't know about Canadian bed sizes, but a double bed in France is simply the std double-bed size that existed before queen and king-size beds were invented -- in the US that is about 56 inches wide, I believe; in France, that is 140 cm. For grown adults, that can be fairly cramped if you aren't used to it.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 03:03 PM
Christina

correction, I have one and it's only 54 inches wide in US, a queensize bed is 60 inches wide.

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 07:58 PM
arjay

As 'grown adults' == a 5'10 female, with a 6'0 spouse == I had to chuckle at the 'fairly cramped' comment just above. We've shared a regular double (54") bed for lo, the last 35 years -- and have survived. rather nicely.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Randy

There is information and pictures availabe at www.parishotels.com. I got my hotel through this web site for the last two years and was quite satisfied. I stayed at the Residence Monge. The prices were reasonable, Julie at the desk was most helpful, it was clean and well located and near a couple metro stops.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 05:09 AM
Joyce

My husband and I are both in the 5-10 range, and I don't recall being particularly "cramped." All "double" beds we have encountered in Europe seem to be larger than our regular double. When making reservations, specify "one large bed". Sometimes a double turns out to be two twins, whereas I have seen a single become one large bed.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 04:43 AM
T

www.hotellindbergh.com