Reload this Page >

Paris-Any comments on Hotel Costes vs Hotel Balzac and Loire Valley

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 08:40 PM
Janice

We will be in Paris during the last week of August. I have a reservation at The Costes and the Hotel Balzac. Has anyone stayed at either hotel. Also recommendations in the Loire Valley would be helpful. In Paris, we will spend up to 2250ff and in the Loire up to 1200ff. Any suggestions and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 11:56 PM
Vincent

I don't know Hôtel Balzac, but Hôtel Costes is probably now the hippest hotel in town, as far as location, decoration and guests are concerned. Something like the Mondrian in LA or the Morgan in NYC, but on a European scale.

Old Jun 10th, 1999, 11:56 PM
Vincent

I don't know Hôtel Balzac, but Hôtel Costes is probably now the hippest hotel in town, as far as location, decoration and guests are concerned. Something like the Mondrian in LA or the Morgan in NYC, but on a European scale.

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 12:33 AM
Helena

I stayed at the Hotel Balzac a few years ago, and really liked it. The location is great, good service, and relatively big rooms. There wasn't anything truly special about it though, other than the great location. I'd go back though!

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 04:01 AM
francesca

One of the top chefs in the country, Pierre Gagnaire, has his restaurant at the Hotel Balzac.

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 04:01 AM
francesca

One of the top chefs in the country, Pierre Gagnaire, has his restaurant at the Hotel Balzac.

Old Jun 11th, 1999, 12:00 PM
up

!!

Old Jun 12th, 1999, 12:08 PM
Dena Harrington

Hi Janice! I wish I was going back to France soon. We were there in March and stayed at the MOST wonderful place called Domaine des Hauts de Loire. It is in Onzain, which in between Blois and Amboise. The service was excellent and the place is absolutely beautiful. The phone # is 02.54.20.72.57, also on the web at www.domainehautsloire.com. You won't be disappointed. Have a great time, au revoir!

Old Jun 12th, 1999, 03:42 PM
sally

Hi Janice, <BR>We stayed for a week at the Chateau de Pray just outside Amboise,overlooking the Loire.It is an 11th C chateau and really beautiful. Owners were delightful,rooms large and elegant and an excellent spot for touring the big chateaux and all the Loire attractions. Have fun - I know you will.

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 12:08 PM
pearl

my husband and I drove around France last year and we basically stayed at "Relais and Chauteaux" hotels. After 10days at different hotels and castles we were very impressed with 2. One is the Domaine des Hauts de Loire which I think some one else already mentioned. It is not a grand castle, only a hunting lodge built in 1860 but you must stay at least two nights. The food at the restuarant is by far one of the best meals we have in France.I am sure you will enjoy it. The other place, again if money is not an issue, is Chateau de bagnol near Lyon. Voted as one of the most romantic hotel in the world. Ask for the French rooms, not the farm /hunting looks rooms. If you are familiar with the Aman Resorts on Asia this Chateau just joined their group and of course very exclusive and $$$$$.I am from Hong Kong and we like to travel so let me know if u need more info. <BR> <BR>Have a great trip and you must order the souffle at Domaine des Hauts for desserts. <BR>