My wife and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in Paris in May 2016. We are both young and very active, and I'm trying to think of something epic I can do to surprise her all day and all night. I've definitely checked out the trip reports posted by others, and they have helped me. I am considering a Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise with a window reservation, and do believe the view from the Seine at night will be stunning. However, I'd love to fill the day as well with something really fun and even marked by an adrenaline rush, if possible So, I thought about a hot air balloon but I could only find one that is tethered, instead of free-flying. I thought about dining in the dark (my wife is a foodie but I am not, but this is for her anyway!) at Dans Le Noir, as we've never done that and it may be a novel and enjoyable experience. I've also thought about Aerokart's free-fall wind tunnel adventure activity, which apparently involves falling from 12,000 feet - but this may be lame. Not sure. I've also thought about Pari-Roller, since apparently tons of people go out rollerblading around the city on Friday nights from 10pm to 1am? Is this for real? Can I just rent rollerblades and join in?
Anyway, that's all I've got. I would love some specific, personal advice from those who are knowledgeable. I'm grateful for your time and input, and don't take it for granted. I know there are tons of posts to read and respond to. Just want to make this the most amazing day ever for her.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 2 Favorite London memories
- 3 Hotels or apartments recommendations for Seville Malaga Córdoba Ronda
- 4 Return to Slovenia and Venice plus Trieste
- 5 Ronda or Jerez
- 6 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 7 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 8 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 9 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 10 two days in rome
- 11 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 12 Flight questions To Italy with Frankfurt connection
- 13 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 14 Avignon
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 18 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
- 19 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 20 Budget trip
- 21 Rome to Greece on a Ferry
- 22 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 23 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 24 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 25 Provence Trip Report
Paris, Anniversary, Young Couple, Planning for Adventure/Romance