Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris and Venice in 9 days (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-and-venice-in-9-days-590030/)

fred4748 Feb 10th, 2006 05:25 PM

Paris and Venice in 9 days

My husband and I are going to these cities in Mid March.( we are in our mid 30s, 3 kids...need a break!) We have 9 days. We were going to try to do Rome too, but we dont want to rush. Will we get bored? How should we get to Venice from Paris? How many days in each place? Thank you. I am overwhelmed trying to plan.

Nikki Feb 10th, 2006 06:18 PM

You should try to book open jaw tickets, meaning you fly into one city and home from the other one. Between Paris and Venice you can check www.whichbudget.com to see if there are any cheap flights.

Sounds like a great combination. Bored? I certainly wouldn't be. I would book more nights in Paris than in Venice though.

BowenLinda Feb 10th, 2006 07:58 PM

In September 2004 a friend and I stayed five nights each in Paris and Venice. That amount of time gave us a good overview of each city and we never approached boredom (and it was my second five-day stint in Venice). I don't know your children's ages but I think my two sons would be bored or antsy with Venice after, say, 2 or 3 days. What about including one or two day trips from Paris to interest the kids?

Flew from Paris Orly to Venice via a now-defunct discount airline. Very easy.

However

Steve_James Feb 11th, 2006 04:12 AM

Fred - MyAir fly Paris (Orly)-Venice.

RyanAir fly Beauvais-Treviso

www.myair.com

www.ryanair.com

Hope this helps ...

Steve

JeanneB Feb 11th, 2006 05:12 AM

I just took the MyAir flight from Venice (VCE) to Paris Orly last week. It was fine. Big plane, not a puddlehopper.

JeanneB Feb 11th, 2006 05:14 AM

It sounds like you've never been to either place. If you have 9 full days, I would do 5 nights Paris/4 nights Venice.

We stayed at Polazzo Foscari in Venice. It was perfect.

janisj Feb 11th, 2006 07:06 AM

Does you 9 days include the travel time to/from Europe? If so, you are really talking about 6.5 days free for the two cities. One day/night is in transit to Paris, your last day is used up packing and getting to the airport, 1/2 a day eaten up getting to Venice.

Are you flying open jaw or do you have to get back to Paris?

If your tix are in/out of Paris, I'd probably spend 4 days in Paris, 2 in Venice and one more in Paris before flying home.

on the other hand - if you truly have 9 days "on the ground" (excluding travel days) ignore all of the above. In that case I'd do 5 or 6 in Paris and 3 or 4 in Venice.

ira Feb 11th, 2006 12:41 PM

Hi F,

>We have 9 days. ..Will we get bored?

No, you are going to two of the most wonderful cities in the world.

>How should we get to Venice from Paris?

www.myair.com is more convenient than RyanAir.

>How many days in each place?

I would do 5 in Paris, 4 in Venice.

I would also fly into Venice and out of Paris. Better schedules out of Paris than Venice.

Have a lovely visit.

((I))