Search

Paris and Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris and Switzerland

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Paris and Switzerland in the month of Oct'16 (second week) as this would be our first trip to Europe so I would like to know if this would be a good time to travel Jungfraujoch, Paris and Lucern or Interlaken.

Please share your views who have travelled before to the above places in Oct month.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 02:30 AM

October is autumn, so you will see the colours of that season.

Weatherwise, it is unpredictable - but so is every season in Europe. It may be cool and rainy, but you may be lucky and catch some sunny days - we call them "golden October". Each year, it is a big surprise for the winemaker how the weather will be in October, because the quality of the wine depends on it heavily.

Weatherwise, I would strongly suggest to go to Switzerland first and to Paris after, because Switzerland requires better weather than Paris.

So, do not expect to have good weather when you want to go on the Jungfraujoch on a certain day. Better stay a couple of days in the area and if there is a sunny day, go up.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much, that is quite helpful.
Yeah I am planning to go to swiss first and then to Paris. Could you also advise if Jungfraujoch is a good to travel from Zurich or Interlaken?

Also is Mount Titlis and Jungfraujoch are same kind of tours?
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 03:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO, one of the best ways to see Mt. Titlis is to do the trip on your own. It is easy enough to take the train from Luzern to Engleberg and then make the short walk from the rail station over to the cableway station.

The cableway runs in three separate segments and the final stage uses the "Rotair" Italian gondolas which make a full circle as they ascend and descend.

If you are using some rail types of rail passes there is a discount for the cableway as well.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 05:19 AM

the Jungfraujoch and Titlis areas are way different - Engelberg has Titlis - but the Jungfraujoch region has so so much more of varied interest. Titlis for a day - Jungfrau for many more.

Trains go to either from Zurich but it is too long a day trip from there - stay in Interlaken or up in a mountain village like Wengen or Grindelwald.

If spending more than a few days in Switzerland investigate train passes - good sources of info on trains and those areas: www.swisstravelsystem.com; www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

What are you complete travel plans- just a few days for Switzerland or longer?
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 09:28 AM

Paris to Switzerland via TGV train - check www.voyages-sncf.com and www.capitainetrain.com for discounted tickets - both sites book the same trains and have the same fares - latter is said to be easier to use.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

@palenQ..I may stay in Swiss for a few days and not too longer.
So from where I can take a day trip to Jungfraujoch? Is it from Zurich or interlaken.
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 12:26 AM

For Jungfraujoch, you should take a train from Interlaken, or some nearby station, but not Zurich. The Jungfrau area (not only Jungfraujoch) is gorgeous, you would like more than a day trip. I had 3 days there and I wish I'd got more. Details about trains:

http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch/gettingthere

You can see my photos and stories about Jungfrau and Lauterbrunnen here:

https://moveablefeastofamess.wordpre...r-my-imladris/
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 10:45 AM

Yes Interlaken-Ost station (there is also Interlaken-West station) - Zurich is too far away you'll be on trains most of the day. Best to stay a few days in the area like FuryFluffy says.