Paris & Santorini/Mykonos in May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! My husband and I are going to have our official honeymoon in mid-May of 2007. We have 11 days (including travel days) to visit Paris and Santorini. Anyone have any suggestions on how to divide the days between the two destinations AND get the most out of our visit? Also, is May a good time for Santorini? Will we be able to enjoy warm days on the beach? Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:18 AM

Hi

Firstly, congratulations to you both.

I would suggest 5 days in Paris, 4 days on Santorini and 2 days in Athens if you're flying home from this city. I would fly to Santorini from Paris via Athens to save time. On Santorini make sure you get accommodation with caldera views. Very romantic . Just search this forum - heaps of suggestions for accommodation to suit all budgets.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:56 AM

It's possible, but it sounds like a lot of travel. You need to fly to Paris (you didn't say from where), then fly to Athens, then fly to Santorini, then fly to Athens, and then fly home. If travel is included in your eleven days (ten nights), then you'll need a vacation at the end. Why not select one location and relax?

May is a beautiful month for both destinations.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help! It does sound like a lot of travel, but I was hoping that we could make the travel fun.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 12:37 PM

I see no reason why you shouldn't choose the combination of Paris and Santorini if that's what you want. Worldinabag has it about right with the 5/4/2 division of time between the three destinations, but if your 11 days includes one day to reach Paris, and one day to return home, that leaves you only nine days for Paris and Greece. You will use another day getting from Paris to Santorini, so you are then left with only eight days. Will you return to Paris for your flight home? Subtract another day.

Why not consider a few days on the Cote d'Azur Nice, Monaco, etc) instead of Santorini?
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 01:25 PM

hello wehearttravel

The weekend of Friday 18th May until Monday 21st 2007 will be when thousands of Athens students arrive here on Mykonos. It is an annual event.

I think it is perhaps good for you to know this before you finish your plans.

thanos
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Original Poster

Wow! I love how knowledgeable you guys all are! Thank you thanos_GR for the heads up.
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 12:02 AM

Hi

Congratulations

I have not been to Santorini but I have been to Paris and Athens. My wife and I went to Paris last April and it is great city. I have posted a long trip report with pictures and links on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com/Paris_France.htm . It is many years since I went to Athens and at the time I was not crazy about it. But maybe I didn't have enough time to explore it. Hope you will have a great honeymoon. Check out http://www.weatherbase.com for weather stats by the way.

regards
Gard
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures