Paris and Burgundy In One Week

Aug 31st, 2006, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Paris and Burgundy In One Week

Planning a late April 2007 (only time we can all get together) for me, my husband, son, DIL, granddaughter (she'll be 15 months) daughter, and her boyfriend. Very flexible on-the-go baby, so not too worried about travelling with her. Some of us have been to Paris before, but not all, and a few have expressed great interest in Burgundy wine touring tastings. Planning to rent an apt in Paris. Would it be feasible to leave Paris for 2 nights to spend in, perhaps Beaune, and then return to Paris for 1 night prior to our flight home (assuming we will have to rent the apt for a full week anyways). Train to Beaune? And then thinking of hiring a car/driver to assist in our minimal time in Burgundy. If some wish to remain behind, the town would be a nice one to explore? Any thoughts/opinions/ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ahead-
Lucy
Sep 1st, 2006, 04:36 AM
ira

Hi L,

>Would it be feasible to leave Paris for 2 nights to spend in, perhaps Beaune, and then return to Paris for 1 night...<

Of course.

However, I would do it as an overnight; leave early on day 1 and return late on day 2.

I think that you can fit in both Beaune and Dijon.

I don't think that I would bother with a car.

Rick Steves suggests
"Beaune's wine smorgasbord, the Marché aux Vins, is the best way to sample its impressive wines. You pay around $12 for a wine-tasting cup (yours to keep) and get 45 minutes to sip, ...."

Sep 1st, 2006, 10:05 AM

Thanks Ira. Which town would be most interesting to stay in, do you think? I'm thinking strolling around with a baby carriage......
Any one have any good sources for Paris apartment rentals that you've used and been happy with?
Lucy
Sep 1st, 2006, 10:19 AM
ira

Hi Lucy,

Both Beaune and Dijon are interesting towns.

Flip a coin.

Search this Thread