Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paris Airport-Hotel: shuttle, taxi, metro???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is our best option for transportation from the Airport to the hotel in Paris??? They are offering me a shuttle for $60 euros or a taxi for $75 euros.... Are there any other cheaper and/or most convinient ways to get to our hotel????
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 06:58 AM

Who is doing this offering?
I took the AirFrance bus from CDG for about 10e's to the Galleries Lafayette (I think) then anouther 10e's to the apartment I had booked. Others here use some of the shuttles and I believe its about 20 e's (give or take) one way.
When I left paris, the taxi was 50 e's...
Someone is pulling your leg.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 07:05 AM

SuzieC: My question exactly! Who is even in a position to offer you these options?

Either walk out of the airport and grab a taxi yourself - it will cost you about 40-50€ - or arrange for a shuttle here before you go (there are a zillion posts on this board if you do a search that can give you company names and prices).

You can also take the RER and métro, or the Air France shuttle, then métro, or the RoissyBus, then métro. If you're young and strong and don't have much luggage, those are all cheaper options.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 07:49 AM

From CDG to 6th in weekday rush hour this past week was 48 euro. Return was same; return would have cost less b/c so early in a.m., less traffic, but called for cab and it began at around 8 eur.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 07:54 AM
ira

Hi mm,

This link can help you with transportation questions:
http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X500520521.html

We have reserved with Bee Shuttle (www.beeshuttle.com) for about 15E pp.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 07:55 AM

For the "began at 8E" post. If you ordered a cab before 7AM there is a surcharge. And the cab fare begins when the cab leaves his station so there will be "something" on the meter when it gets to your hotel--no ripoff.
And how many are travelling in the original poster's party? The cab will be about 50E for whoever is riding. A shuttle is about $20/person. If "they" is a travel agent "they" are ripping you off.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 08:44 AM

And since you seem not to be familiar with arriving in Paris, beware! While coming out of customs and heading toward the clearly marked line for taxis, you will surely be approached by men who will offer to help you with your luggage and take you in their "taxi". IGNORE THEM! Go get in the regular line and you will NOT be ripped off like you will by these guys, no matter how well dressed, honest, and sincere they seem.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 10:06 AM

I have used the shuttle from the hotel to the airport in Paris, and found this method of transportation reliable, efficient, and relatively inexpensive. I like the "door to door" service. I have not had the experience of travelling by shuttle from the airport to my hotel. While I assume it would be just as efficient and inexpensive, I'd like to hear from others if it truly is.

By the way, the system worked except for once when the last people on our pickup route to the airport were not ready. We waited so long that it seemed like the patrons were being woken up and brought to the van! I was all for just leaving them behind if they weren't ready as they were supposed to be, but fortunately we had made very good time at all our other stops and traffic was light, so we still arrived at the airport on time despite this delay.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 10:10 AM

Forgot to mention that I have taken various means of transportation into the city: the Air France bus to Etoile, then a taxi to th hotel; RER into the city, then a taxi; and a taxi straight to the hotel. I think the degree of inconvenience you assume versus the cost of the transportation depends on (a) how much luggage you have to manage; (b) how long a flight you've had; and (c) the time of day you arrive.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 10:27 AM

Gretchen, I did not mean to imply the 8 euro was a ripoff, just mentioning that the fare would have been well under 50 if we had just found a cab, which no one would do with luggage, early in morning, etc.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 11:03 AM

I don't get this shuttle advantage of "door to door service." That's the reason why I for one just hop in a cab.
Old Mar 12th, 2004, 11:06 AM

I think the shuttle advantage is price - both that it is fixed (unlike a cab) and that it is cheaper (if 2 people or less).