Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Paris Again? Or where would you go? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/paris-again-or-where-would-you-go-225671/)

Catherine May 28th, 2002 06:11 AM

Paris Again? Or where would you go?

My husband and I had a fantastic time in Paris last summer, and this forum was a great help (now I'm addicted to it!). We were there for a week, which was short but long enough for the kids left at home. We try to get away just the two of us once a year. Paris was a big deal for us as it was the longest we'd been away from the kids and a dream come true for me. He would like to go back to Paris. I would too but would also like to consider somewhere else. Any suggestions? Not England, we're going to take the kids as we have family there.<BR>Thanks.

Louis May 28th, 2002 06:13 AM

My I suggest Venice?

k May 28th, 2002 06:18 AM

Florence?

elvira May 28th, 2002 06:24 AM

Why not do Paris and another part of France? Loire Valley? Champagne region? Picardie? Lots of gorgeous hotels, romantic vistas, history up the wazoo, great restaurants.<BR><BR>Or Paris and Amsterdam, or Paris and Bruges....you both get to revisit Paris, and also try some place new.

Beth May 28th, 2002 07:24 AM

Even though I was in Paris in July 2001 and April 2002, I can't wait to return. There are just so many layers to the city, and it is so downright beautiful.

Capo May 28th, 2002 07:28 AM

Hi Catherine. What are your interests when it comes to visiting places in Europe? <BR><BR>I highly second Louis's suggestion of Venice, an absolutely fascinating (and car-free!) city. <BR>

Catherine May 28th, 2002 07:37 AM

Hmmm, Venice sounds interesting. But we did leave some things not seen in Paris,so maybe Paris and somewhere like Amsterdam. So many places, so little time!<BR>In Paris we both enjoyed the museums, especially the Musee D'Orsay and Rodin over the Louvre, and just walking around exploring. The Lido was lots of fun, but a one off thing, can't imagine doing it again. <BR>I'll look up the places you all suggested on this site and see what they say about each.<BR><BR>

Joanne May 28th, 2002 07:55 AM

Paris and elsewhere in France is a good suggestion. We loved Provence on our Paris/Provence trip last year.<BR><BR>However, must also agree with Capo about Venice. We visited Venice for the first time on our return trip to Italy earlier this month and it is very special. Must be seen to be believed. You mentioned enjoying strolling about--Venice is perfect for that!<BR><BR>j

zootsi May 28th, 2002 08:03 AM

Another city we really enjoyed was Vienna. It has somewhat of a Paris like feel to it, very beautiful, easy to get around. Lots of musueums, outdoor cafes, surrounded by beautiful countryside.

mike May 28th, 2002 08:33 AM

From what u said u liked re: Paris, I suggest Vienna. Museums, culture, excellent coffee and food. Check it out. M.

lori May 28th, 2002 09:14 AM

I understand your dilema. I love Paris and have been there 6 times, and still haven't seen it all and can't wait to go back. However seeing more of France is a must. 2 trips we did were Lyon, Annency, Burgundy and then Paris (renting a car in Lyon, dropping it off in Dijon and tgving back to Paris), and Reims, Brussels, Paris.