My wife and I will be traveling to Paris the last week of Oct – first week of Nov. This is our first time abroad. Is 12 full days in Paris too long? (I know, we can't see everything in 12 days) but we were thinking we may want to put 1 other destination in. We were considering somewhere to the south (warmer weather) like Rome.
Our budget is modest, but we're not going to cut corners and regret anything later. (We're thinking of AirBnB's) for lodging and eating frugally for breakfast & lunch, then maybe doing it up a little for dinner. Hopefully <$125 per day. What is a realistic budget for meals per day?
Here's where I'm probably answering my own question; I don't want to come home tired and needing a vacation from my vacation! I was thinking we should take our sweet time like any good Parisian (even putting a day or two of rest in there) and just see Paris. We definitely want to see the usual places in town but also Versaillles (Palace and Grounds) Fontainebleau and Chartres.
So, would you do 1 beautiful city or 2?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. -Mark
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 2 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 3 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 4 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 5 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 8 Moscow Hotels
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Packing Champagne
- 11 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 12 Manchester hotels
- 13 Visit to France
- 14 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 15 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 16 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 17 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 22 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 23 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 24 First time in Spain
- 25 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)