Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Palazzo Sant Angelo or Luna Baglioni for Venice Honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I have received some great recommendations for the new boutique hotel, Palazzo Sant Angelo in Venice - it is small and right on the Grand Canal. We can have a room with a Canal view there or a regular room, no canal view at the Luna Baglioni...for the same price. Any thoughts? The Luna is also a good location on a smaller canal right off St. Mark's and is five star, but no view! I'm somewhat attracted to the romance factor of the view, any thoughts? Thanks a lot!
Old May 9th, 2003, 07:28 PM

I stayed at the Luna Baglioni last May. I really liked the hotel. I had a room with a view of a side canal. It is a great place to stay, easy to get on the boats,friendly staff, big, soft towels, good breakfast (you can book a package that includes breakfast, museum tickets and complimentary wine.) Atleast you could last year. I don't know anything about the other, but a room with a view would be nice.
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:29 PM

Sorry you haven't gotten any more responses Jill. I had recommended the Sant Angelo but you should also check the Europa Regina. Since I've not stayed at any of these it's hard to judge, but to me, a water view is what makes Venice Venice. Others might say you'll be busy doing other things in your room besides looking out the window
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Hi, thank you! I looked into the Sant Angelo after your other response, and I loved the looks of the hotel! I never would have found it, so thank you for the suggestion. It is very small which I kind of like, I'm just debating over location, because it is in between the Rialto and Academia Bridges on the Grand Canal, whereas the Luna Baglioni is on a small canal right off St. Mark's - we are only there for 2 days, so I'm wondering if I prefer convenience or the view, I'm leaning towards the view, it seems more romantic! Thanks for your help.
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:22 AM

Don't worry about the relative locations of the two hotels. Venice is not very large, and you'll only be a few minutes walk from the main sights whichever hotel you pick.
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:03 AM

I agree with Rufus. I would consider the 2 locations equally desirable. If you haven't done this already, type palazzo sant angelo AND venice in the text search & you will see several threads describing the hotel. I'd go for the canal view. I'd also make sure wherever you book, they know you're on your honeymoon. You might get upgraded to a suite Whichever you choose, you'll have a wonderful time. Lots of good luck.