Palazza Sasso information

Aug 29th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Palazza Sasso information

Do they have a website?
I know it is highly reccommended here on this forum.
We're considering staying there on the way to Positano.
Thanks
Aug 29th, 2003, 10:12 AM

copied for Ira who posted this on a different thread
If you go to www.google.com and enter "Palazo Sasso" you will find their website.

Aug 29th, 2003, 10:16 AM

Their website is http://www.palazzosasso.com/. If my memory serves, the hotel is owned by the Virgin Company, as in Virgin Air and Virgin Records. It is very beautiful and has great sweeping views from its high mountain vantage point.

FYI, assuming you are coming from Rome/Naples, Ravello is actually past Positano. However, all the towns on the Amalfi coast are quite close together; without traffic you could drive this part of the coast in about an hour and a half. Ravello is about 25-40 minutes from Positano. Therefore, you don't need to stop off here as a resting point between it and Positano. The advantage of Positano is that it is on the water, whereas Ravello (a charming town) is up on the mountaintop. I am not a big fan of Positano and is it too crowded for me, but it has good shopping and restaurants. I prefer the Santa Caterina outside the town of Amalfi, take a look at the Leading Hotels of the World website at lhw.com.
Aug 29th, 2003, 12:25 PM
ira

Thank you, marymac.

I was just wondering how I ended up posting to a thread that petered out in June.

Search this Thread