Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Paging Positano People! Please tell us...How does this apartment look to you?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ms. Go and I have been doing our research on next year's trip to the Amalfi coast (and Naples & Capri as well). We are interested in renting a villa / apartment for one week, and would like some opinions on a place we found (out of the scores of apartments we've seen on the web).

This is the place:
http://www.summerinitaly.com/eng/ren...0105!italy.htm

It is fairly well up the hill, but it seems very roomy and has AC, washing machine, and a nice-looking view. Click on the "see more photos" link.

We are a family of 3 (including a 12-year-old) in decent shape with fairly sturdy legs. We will do <i>some</i> hanging out and shopping, but will also get on the bus and do daytrips...and this place is very near a bus stop.

Should we book this place, or can we do better for the money?
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 05:45 AM

Hmmm ! Looks lovely to me, if you have good legs. Those 60 steps would be too much for me, but what fantastic vistas.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Yes, that would seem to be the one significant drawback, and it might just get a little old after a solid week. But a <b>lot</b> of these places have serious walk-ups, so it's a fairly common issue.

Any other voices of experience? Please, we value your opinion!
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 06:28 AM

Won't you miss having a pool ? The main town beach isn't very nice, although you can get boats to nicer ones.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 06:43 AM

Looks very nice! Sure, a pool would be great but I don't think you will find a property as good as this one with a pool for $1300 a week. We looked at some villas in Positano listed by the Parker Co. and although beautiful, they were much more. I bet by the end of your stay, your legs will be so used to those 60 steps you won't even notice them.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 06:54 AM
ira

Hi mr,

Looks very nice.

We spent a week in Praiano with about the same number of steps to the main road.

It's not all that terrible.

You are 60 steps above the coast road and 20m from the bus stop, which is not at all bad.

The SITA bus will take you to Sorrento and Salerno. The Orange bus will take you to the beach and back to the road.

Old Aug 17th, 2004, 08:06 AM

How could you go wrong, especially for the price? Read what the people who have actually stayed there wrote on the website, they loved it and so should you.

Don't worry about the steps if you are in decent shape. I don't see how you can do better in the town itself and for that price.

Grab it, look how it is sold out already well into Spring.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Well, if it gets a &quot;thumbs up&quot; from Grinisa, Ira, SeaUrchin and Bob the Nav...how could we go wrong? I think I'll grab it.

Caroline: I agree, a pool wold be nice, but it's not as high on our priority list a number of other things. Besides, I can always take a nice beach/pool trip to see Bob the Nav!

Thanks a million, gang!