Package tours to London at Christmas?

Apr 26th, 2001, 04:15 PM
Martha

Package tours to London at Christmas?

My family and I are thinking about going to London the week before Christmas this year. Does anyone know of package tours that might be available then (through what tour companies)? I would appreciate any help you can offer through your past experiences.

Martha

Apr 26th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Mel

Try gotoday.com. We've used them for the City Stays and the fly/drives--there rates are excellent and their customer service is quick and nice. I seem to recall seeing a London package, though I think it departed 12/26.

Apr 26th, 2001, 10:04 PM
Philip

Globus tours has a week in London at that time. They take you on a half day tour of London and then the rest of the week is yours to explore. You can check it out at their website www.globusandcosmos.com under Leisure Style Vacations & City Stays.

Apr 27th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Martha

Thanks for your responses. Would appreciate any more help.
Martha

Apr 27th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Lori

While we have not done any package tours I know all the airlines offer them so contact the airline of your choice and ask for their tour dept. London is so easy to plan you really don't need a package, but if I were looking for one I'd go through British Airways or American or one of the major airlines tour depts.

Apr 28th, 2001, 02:38 AM
Andy

TravelBound out of NYC and Europe Express out of Seattle--both have 800 numbers are excellent with complete pkgs-but not Tours as such--more pkgs. that have different options that you can put together to get a more personalized trip,get a "tour" price ,yet do on your own at your pace--not w/ 35 other tourists etc. Hope this helps. I've used Travelbound for the last 12 years and they are excellent for London and all of Europe as all their hotels come w/breakfast(if booked directly w/ hotel a lot of times they don't incl.bkfst,or taxes,or svc charges)They have an excellent Theater pkg for London and can put anything together that you need. Your travel agent can put it together for you.

Apr 28th, 2001, 04:33 AM
nospam

Christmas seems so far away with spring finally getting here so nicely.

Is this a peak time for booking and planning Christmas travel?