Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What are the Youths Trends now in Europe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please comment more about the apparels, styles, shoes. etc.
I would like to know more about European Youths' Dressing.
Any related informations about the latest Europe Fashion Trends, do share! Thanks.
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 10:33 PM

They will be different in different European countries
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 11:33 PM

There's no such country as "Europe". And phrases like "latest Europe Fashion Trends" are used only by people who know nothing about Europe, fasdhion or how trends develop these days.

Trends in clubs 100 yards from each other in a city like London are completely different from each other: between what's going on in Spain's La Coruna, (the world's real fashion capital) and among the Eurotrash children of Moscows's Russian kleptocrats there's a gap wider than the Pacific Ocean.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

how different can it be?? can describe??
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

I know europe is a continent consists of 50 countries around the world. Like UK, Italy, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, France and on. I believe every state have their own fashion trends. If you have fashion informations about the states in Europe, I do hope you can share. I must say fashion is a broad topic to discuss. It can be hairstyles, accessories and on. But I want to know more about the apparels of people.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM

What are you writing an article or something?
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Denmark: tights and "baby doll" tops at any age, and I mean any, we saw older women wearing that too! Flat sandals with zippers in the back, probably a nesessity for cobblestones. We saw only 1 young woman in high heels in 3 days in Copenhagen.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM

"states" in Europe? How about countries...
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:40 AM

It may vary some, but when I'm in Europe in the summer, the latest trends don't seem to be that different in various countries. Actually, they never seem to be that different throughout the entire industrialized world, to be honest. What with the internet and international media, etc., it seems about the same everywhere (in the northern hemisphere, anyway). I'm no youth, though, as don't pay that much attention to their trends to describe them.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

its for an article, I have to research and collate all the informations.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM

This is a travel website. Maybe you will get better help on a fashion website. I am sure there must be fashion forums somewhere.

"What are the guidelines for participation?
Every day, travelers join Fodors.com to share and receive travel advice."
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:13 PM

If this is really your interest I suggest you just go and buy copies of several of the more youth-oriented european fashion magazines - you don;t need to read them - just look at the pictures.

Also, styles can depend on a huge number of factors - including income, status (student, young professional, backpacker???), weather and local area as well as country.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 03:09 PM

In Madrid, skinny jeans or leggings with riding boots. EVERYWHERE. Military-inspired wool coats are also popular. Lots of scarves of all materials and colors.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM

>its for an article, I have to research and collate all the informations.<

Go somewhere else. The information you'll get her about fashion trends across 50 countries will be spartan at best. As for those that say they don't much variety, there's lots of variety they're just not in the age group that notices. The great trends in fashion happen in the 15 to 25 age range. The average of this board is 30 years older. You're asking in the wrong place.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 04:42 PM

oops "see"
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 07:54 PM

Oh lighten up, all of you.

"This is a travel website" Yeah, right -- and a quarter of the posts are about what to wear on your travels.

Second point, our visiting poster is obviously not an English-speaker so lay off the tacky comments about word choice.

Sufang: Please accept this suggestion. Start again. Ask the question "What clothes should I wear on a European trip, if I want to look like a native?"

You will get 100 answers.

People on Fodors do not like to answer questions: They like to argue. Give them something to argue about!
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:29 PM

<i>"states" in Europe? How about countries...</i>

Without getting into the minutiae that distinguishes between state, country, and nation, suffice it to say that they can largely be used interchangeably in casual conversation and that the usage here is perfectly acceptable.

<i>Go somewhere else. The information you'll get her about fashion trends across 50 countries will be spartan at best.</i>

Best advice in this thread. Judging by the responses one sees in the "what to pack/wear" threads, most of the people on this board wouldn't know a fashion trend if it hit them upside the head.
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 08:36 PM

<i>Ask the question "What clothes should I wear on a European trip, if I want to look like a native?"</i>

The problem, of course, is that the answers will be wrong or, at best, reflect an older, more conservative demographic. I mean, out of your 100 answers, something like 15 will mention comfortable walking shoes. Another 15 will stress that neutral colors are best. Another 15 will tell you that it will all fit in a carry on. Another 15 will remind you to bring things that can do double duty. There will be several votes for materials that can be washed in your hotel sink. Pashminas, wraps, and scarves will be liberally tossed around as wonder items.

If one were to follow the fashion advice on Fodors, you would end up dressed like a Midwestern housewife.
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 03:04 AM

In Belgium girls wear mostly skinny jeans, with ugg-type boots or ballet flats, leather jacket or blazer or hoody with a big wooly scarf, aviator jackets now that it's becoming colder (or Moncler jackets or something similar). And some boys still wear those ridiculous low jeans with boxershorts showing. Trainers for boys. The girls I know don't really wear much trainers except for sports.

Maybe search for blogs that have pictures of street styles?
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 05:20 AM

http://tinyurl.com/39k5pm8

http://tinyurl.com/yklxc7v

http://tinyurl.com/d36vxo

http://www.styleandthecity.com/stree...-fashion-week/