I've gone through a handful of posts about this age-old question but haven't yet seen my specific situation: 2 adults and 2 children (12 and 9), staying in London 6 nights (7 days).
We want to use the 2 for 1 passes so we'll need paper travelcards for the adults.
But what about the kids? Are there paper travelcards issued for children? Can you use the 2 for 1 scheme for children at the attractions?
Unlikely we'll do much (if any) traveling beyond zone 1... if we do it'll be to visit Hampton Court Palace only. We'll most likely use a car service on arrival at LHR; we'll also probably take the Tube back to LHR on a day that is not included in our 7 day travelcard (i.e. we return to London for our last night before flying home).
Is there benefit to loading up a small amount onto 4 oyster cards for the 1 journey to LHR? (I.e. is the daily max on Oyster card less than a single point to point from Gloucester to LHR?) If so, that also means I should order the kids' oyster cards ahead of time to take advantage of their pricing, right?
Also, is the oyster card completely refundable, or only the initial deposit amount? (i.e. if we load it up for the tube to LHR and ultimately change those plans.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lalantop:: AOL 1800:681:7208 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT Aol Tec*h by ak/47
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 7 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 8 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 9 FuLu Mandarijn Amsterdam
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Visit to France
- 13 First time in Spain
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 22 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 25 Which Area in London?