Search

SPOUSE VISA!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SPOUSE VISA!!!

Hello, I am a student In India (not Indian) but my spouse lives in Belgium. we do plan to get married soon so I could relocate. Is it possible to get a Spouse or marriage Visa from the Belgian Consulate in India Instead of my home country (Nigeria)? If so, which Documents would I need? However, I have my Valid Residence Permit or Residence Proof for India(Expires December 2014) Please I need your help for some Great Suggestions and information. Thank you...
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 09:08 PM

If you are not married, she is not your spouse.

I don't mean to be unhelpful, but this is the wrong place to ask these sorts of questions. You need to contact the Embassies of the subject countries, not a travel Forum.
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:11 PM

Agreed, you need to get the official information from the embassies...have you looked at their websites and Belgium's process for a spousal visa? To qualify you most likely have to already be married so that would be the first step I would imagine
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 11:13 PM

Try here for some answers

http://diplomatie.belgium.be/en/serv...a_for_belgium/
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:30 AM

What nationality is your fiancée? By live do you mean she is permanently resident in Belgium or that she is on a temporary visa?
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Original Poster

@ alanrow: my fiancee is Belgian and living permanently in Belgium. the Visa I am talking about is a Visa to get married (marriage visa)... Thanks
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 03:19 AM

Contact a consulate and get REAL information that you can trust. It isn't that people here aren't nice and trustworthy--they just aren't in authority.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:07 AM

We are not immigration attorneys, nor are most of us belgians - and really have no clue to the correct information.

Even if we gave you advice it would be useless.

You need to contact the Belgian embassy or consulate and get the correct information from them - anything else would be fruitless.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM

<i>SPOUSE VISA!!!
Posted by: Temidara on Aug 25, 13 at 12:32am
Hello, I am a student In India (not Indian) but my spouse lives in Belgium. we do plan to get married soon so I could relocate.</i>

Does proposed spouse know that your objective in getting married is to relocate to Belgium?
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 12:49 PM

Nigeria. Trying to get married. Hmmmm, I think I've heard about this on Dr. Phil.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM

I'm not an expert on Belgian visa rules, but generally:
a) Whether you can apply in India depends on the rules in place and is sometimes at the discretion of the Belgium embassy.
b) If you want to enter Belgium, get married and stay on, you will need a fiancé(e) visa, sometimes called marriage visa. You will normally need to be sponsored by your fiancé(e), there may be financial requirement (your partner earning a certain amount) and you may need to speak one of the official languages or sign up for a language course as part of the visa conditions.
c) You will need adequate accommodation.
d) You need to show your relationship is genuine based on love, devotion and commitment, not a scam to facilitate immigration.

Embassy or Belgian immigration authority sites may have further details. Or your fiancée can consult an immigration advisor/attorney in Belgium.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 05:08 PM

Sorry - a scam never occurred to me.

You will of course need to be able to prove that you have a long-standing relationship with the woman involved and that the marriage is the obvious next step. Just convincing some random woman to marry you won't cut it.
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Original Poster

@ spaarne: obviously we both want me to relocate. being together is the essence of any relationship.
@nytraveler: I asked a direct question about a situation which could happen to anyone! don't think too far, no random person is involved. my spouse and I know each other and have been together in person.

...Thanks to those who gave some suggestions/info, do appreciate.