Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (
-   Europe (
-   -   Overseas Visitor Tour of Houses of Parliament? (

Laoghaire Apr 17th, 2007 08:42 AM

Overseas Visitor Tour of Houses of Parliament?

We shall be in London for 4 days in the middle of June(minus a day in Paris). I am interested in visiting The Houses of Parliament. On their website it gives some information about Summer Tours, which apparently begin in late June , and are open to overseas tourists at that time. Does any one know if it is possible to do a tour (Visitor-American) in June?

Thanks so much for any input.


flanneruk Apr 17th, 2007 09:25 AM

Only UK residents (of whatever nationality) can do tours outside the summer recess (this year likely to be from July 31 to September). They organise this through their MP. During the summer recess, there areslightly different tours that are open to anyone

Anyone can attend debates or hearings, provided there's space (typically: queue, though embassies and High Commissons sometimes get tickets and you might try yours).

Laoghaire Apr 18th, 2007 07:49 AM

Thank you flanneruk, I was afraid of that! Maybe next time we shall be in London in the summer. Hopefully.


crazy4Hawaii Apr 18th, 2007 01:08 PM

London Walks does a Monday night tour called Westminster by Gas Lamp that allows tourists to sit in on Parliament at the end of the tour. Would this be something you might be interested in? Check out their website for more information.

Laoghaire Apr 19th, 2007 06:21 PM

Hi Crazy4Hawaii,

We won't be in London until Tuesday!! Darn, it sounds like the tour would be interesting. But I shall check it out on the website.

Thanks much.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:16 AM.