PRICE OF TICKETS DROPPED..

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PRICE OF TICKETS DROPPED..

Just thought I'd pass this along - after everyone advising me to do so, we booked our May trip to England and Europe back in January at $850.00 per person, r/t, on Virgin - only because the prices were going up and up and I was afraid to wait - and now, the prices are about $150.00 - $200.00 less. Just thought youall oought to know....
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:39 AM
lyb

I don't understand, what is your point?

Alerting people that airfares have dropped? Blaming others for paying more than the current prices?
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM

Could just as easily have been $200 more or maybe 300 or 1000.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM

I guess you shouldn't let a bunch of anonomous strangers on the internet make travel decisions for you then....
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 11:59 AM

Well, after I buy a big item or a trip I stop looking at the ads.

You are doing okay at $850 per person, still a reasonable price, you bought some peace of mind with that price, knowing exactly what it would cost you.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM

It's tough to know when to purchase tickets. You should try to look at the history of ticket prices and then even at that it's a guess. Moral of the story: make up your own mind; rely on yourself.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:04 PM

Chances are it's a code share of a partner airline trying to fill empty seats.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:04 PM

I guess it's to complain to those who advised. However, that is a good tipoff to someone looking for tickets to England in May, if it's really true. Hard to know what to book without the exact dates, though. So, a RT fare from somewhere in the US to London is only $650 pp for some date in May? From where, and what dates, I'd like to know.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Goodness, a bit touchy, aren't we? I am terribly sorry if I sounded as though I was passing along anything other than a bit of info - I was in no way complaining or blaming or criticizing anyone or any arena! I didn't even know this board existed when I purchased those tickets, I am quite a novice traveler, been too busy raising 6 kids, hence the name, but I had only agonized over whether it was better to buy early or not, taking a chance, that's all I meant to imply - truly! Perhaps I am not writing in a particluar mode that is good with all of youall - this is not the first time youall have jumped all over me, what gives? I am one of the kindest hearted , nicest people you could meet, but I am treated and talked to on here as if I were a royal you-know-what - why, pray tell? This post was only to let someone else like me, unlike youall who know everything, I guess, that it's ok to go w/gut feelings and maybe wait and not jump at the first sign of an increase - that's ll it was - RELAX!
Respectfully,
Leslie
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:28 PM

"I am one of the kindest hearted , nicest people you could meet, but I am treated and talked to on here as if I were a royal you-know-what - why, pray tell?"

Would kind hearted people have come back to say "I told you so?" I don' think so.

"This post was only to let someone else like me, unlike youall who know everything, I guess, that it's ok to go w/gut feelings and maybe wait and not jump at the first sign of an increase - that's ll it was - RELAX!"

Honey, take your own advice. Maybe you get the reaction do because you are so shrill.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

btw, the tickets were on Kayak from 5/29 to 6/1 from Orlando, Florida to London Gatwick.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:32 PM

L,

All must understand that you cannot convey the mode of your posting through simple text. I'm sure you're a sweet person, but that won't come through in this medium. Always be careful what you write because someone will always be put off by it. And some here look to appear all knowing and read post after post waiting for the person they can put down for not knowing something or having an opinion different from them. But those folks are very few. Please understand (IMHO) the two biggest mistakes we see here from posters asking questions is:
1. They don't give enough info and want you to plan their entire trip, while they've done no research and
2. They put together a very busy trip, ask our advice and then don't like it when we tell them to slow it down and enjoy the trip that much more. We do want to help and enjoy doing so. Sorry for the long posting. And thanks for the tip on the lower fares. I wish I could take advantage.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:36 PM

If you get flamed, click on the flamers name and you can see all of their recent replies. Judge from that. Some will have a history of flaming. Most will not.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:39 PM

To Lesliemomof6: I didn't interpret you post as a nasty comment on anyone, just a notice to let us all know of this reduced fare.

Thank you.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:43 PM

DO you really mean 5/29 to 6/1 MCO-LGW?

Best fare I find on kayak.com and elsewhere right now is $1,690 on a Continental codeshare ticket, flying on Virgin.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:46 PM

When I read your post Leslie I thought you meant Fodorites had all advised you to buy your tickets at the time. But since you didn't even know about Fodor's when you purchased your tickets it is now obvious that it was not Fodorites who gave you that advise.

Anyway, ticket prices do go up and down, it drives most travellers crazy. When I buy a plane ticket I just don't check the prices after that. I figure with my luck no doubt the fare will be cheaper, lol.

Have a beautiful trip. I am glad you got the flight you wanted.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Can you get a voucher for the difference?
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Depend on the airline and the fare class. Some will give you voucher, some nothing, some will give you a voucher AFTER you pay a change fee.

But first that new fare has to be published and available. I don't even see that fare if those were actually her traveling dates.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:58 PM
ira

>Can you get a voucher for the difference?

Depends on the airline.

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM

LESLIEMOMOF6,

I was glad to see your news. I have been trying to line up a flight from LAX to MIL for my daughter. Prices are high this year for mid summer. I try several nights a week on kayak.com. I hope that there will be a break in prices soon.

I don't understand why you were flamed. Heck, you didn't even mention blue jeans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -