Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Overnight in Cordoba or Extra Night in Seville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are currently planning to spend two nights in Granada, followed by 1 night in Cordoba and 4 nights in Seville. However, Cordoba has gotten some mixed reviews. Any views as to whether we should just go to Cordoba for the day and spend the extra night in Seville or is it worthwhile to stay overnight in Cordoba?
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 06:54 PM

A single night is not enough for Cordoba. There is quite a bit to see and do and I actually liked it more than Granada. It is a fantastic, quaint town with meandering streets and hidden gardens, fabulous restaurants and boutiques full of great finds. Granada, on the other hand, was a city- bigger and much more poluted than I expected. Other than the Alhambra/generalife, the Basilica and the royal graves, I thought it to be relatively uneventful...Stay in Cordoba an extra night...
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 06:58 PM

I really liked Cordoba a lot. I was only there a day but could easily have enjoyed staying longer. I don't like changing hotels every day, but that would be the only reason I wouldn't do that -- of course, then you'll spend some hours out of a day going to/from there if you don't.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 10:49 PM
tcl

I found Sevilla to be more interesting and would therefore recommend you to spend the extra night there. If you travel on the AVE, Cordoba is only 30 mins. away, so you can easily tour the city during the day and get back to Sevilla at night. I didn't find the nightlife in Cordoba to be that exciting, although it was pretty neat to see the Mezquita lit up at night. Besides, staying another night in Sevilla would be one less change of hotel.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 04:00 AM

We found Cordoba to be a very easy day trip by train from Seville. I would spend the extra night in Seville, not just to save on moving, but because Seville is such a wonderful city.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:43 AM

My vote is for Cordoba. The Mezquita and the area surrounding it, a meal at El Caballo Rojo (near the Mezquita) for wonderful Spanish cuisine reflecting Arab influences.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:45 AM

We are 3 full days in Seville (4 nights)..will we have enough to see/do in Sevilla or should we consider a day trip to Cordoba??
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:58 AM

I was just in Andalusia. Definitely check out Cordoba. . .it is so charming compared to the big cities. We stayed in the El Conquistador hotel which was right in the center of things and across the street from the Mezquita which takes 1/2 a day to see. It's a change of pace from Sevilla because there you have to walk everywhere. . in Cordoba everything is centralized.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:44 AM

Yes, we stayed at the Conquistador and found it to be the best hotel to be in Cordoba, because of its proximity to the Mesquita and its central location in town. Someone also mentioned the Caballo restaurant- definitely worth a stop.....