Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > overnight excursion from Barcelona
Notices

overnight excursion from Barcelona

Mar 20th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Original Poster

overnight excursion from Barcelona

My husband and I are traveling to Barcelona in early April for 9 days. We often enjoy doing some exploring by rental car on our own and visiting small towns, getting off the beaten tourist path in an area, etc. We are trying to decide whether we should leave Barcelona for 1 night or two, and in which direction we should head. I'm aware that there are many easy day trips from Barcelona by train, so maybe we should just do it that way and stay in Barcelona? Thanks for your time and guidance!
Mar 20th, 2016, 02:32 PM

I recommend Montserrat and Girona. Both can be reached by train. No need for a car.
Mar 20th, 2016, 03:06 PM
kja

I agree with KodakMoment that Montserrat and Girona are well worth visiting and easily reached by public transportation. I actually enjoyed staying overnight in each, but then I'm unusual in that I don't mind changing hotels quite frequently. Also worth considering, IMO, would be Tossa de Mar and Cadeques along the Costa Brava, and -- if you have an interest in Dali -- Figueres. You'll find lots of great ideas in the Michelin Green Guide and perhaps in my trip report.

Enjoy!

Search this Thread