outdoor cafes in Paris

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:44 PM
sandra

outdoor cafes in Paris

We have been to London and Paris during the summer months and enjoy sitting in the outdoor cafes and hitting the outdoor vendors for crepes etc. Does anyone know if the outdoor cafes are open in the winter, also the vendors? When we were there last month I noticed some of the cafes had heat burners on the side, not on though, and I wondered if they use them in the winter. We are thinking of taking our son and daughter to London and Paris over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks for your replies.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Nikki

When I was in Paris in late March, there were outdoor tables with heaters at some cafes. The heaters were quite effective, you could sit outside comfortably. I don't know what would happen during the colder part of the winter.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Pittsburgher

We were there Jan 17-22; the weather was not bad the entire trip (probably better than here in Pittsburgh!), but the last day, temps were in the low 60s and people were sitting outside everywhere. Probably didn't last long, but must take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself!

And as I've said (probably too often) -- even if it's cold, miserable and rainy, where would you rather be than Paris?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:43 PM
kate

We were in Paris in November and most of the cafes had the tables outside with the warmers going.One rainy day we sat in the plastic protected Cafe Deux Magots where we still felt like we were outside but were warm and dry.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Sherry

We were in Paris in January, and we were able to sit outside. I don't think the temperature dropped much below 53 or 54, but it was very damp as it rained some part of almost every day we were there. The cafes had those umbrella type outdoor heaters and we were comfortable.