Our Irish Adventure
Everyone has a dream. My dream was when the kids are grown-we travel. This year we decided to travel to Ireland. I had started reading the forums to see what questions were being asked and asked some of my own . I had booked our flights last November and I made reservations for B&B's and our car rental after we decided what areas we wanted to see.
I never sleep well the night before a trip. It seems like there are a million things to do. Making the list for our dog sitters, packing and I always like to leave the house clean before we leave.
Our flight was departing at 8am on. May 15th. That means an early wake up as we live far from the airport. We flew from Sacramento to D.C. flight was on time and no problems. Our flight from D.C. to London was delayed due to weather so we sat at the gate for two hours. Good thing we had a long layover in London. We got into London and then to Shannon, Ireland at 11am on the 16th.
We made our way to the Dan Dooley counter and then a shuttle took us to their office to pick up our car. Really easy and the staff were very nice. Our car was a small Nissan Micro. Loaded up and ready to go! Unfortunately the car had a very loud rear end noise and after about 15 minutes of driving, we returned to the airport to trade cars. Oh well...good practice driving and the rental people switched our car in a jiffy. We were ready to go again.
Next up Blarney.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France
- 2 5 days in Andalusia
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 GTG Paris December 2017
- 7 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 8 Poland--where else to go
- 9 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 10 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 11 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Shall we Gdansk?
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Help with Spain itinerary
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 18 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 19 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 20 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 21 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 22 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 23 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 24 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 25 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
Our Irish Adventure