We will be taking our 8th trip to Rome at the end of next month and are hoping to finally visit Ostia Antica, something that has been on our "list" for years. We will have our 3 yr old and 1 yr old sons with us, as well as my parents.
Are there licensed guides available for hire at the entrance like one finds at Pompeii and Herculaneum? Or, if a guide is desired, is it recommended to arrange beforehand?
Any idea of the cost estimate of a taxi trip from the Pantheon area? Our apartment is located nearby, and with two young children (stroller, etc), taking public transport isn't the easiest of accomplishments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 two days in Nice
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 New fast track
- 5 First time in Spain
- 6 Packing Champagne
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 9 Paris Apartment
- 10 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 11 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 12 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 13 Once upon a time in Italy
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 16 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 17 1st time to Europe
- 18 london or amsterdam
- 19 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 20 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 21 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 22 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 23 1 month destination for young family
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!