Transportation From Rome Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are traveling to Rome in a couple of weeks. We don't arrive until late in the evening and we would like to know the best way to get to our hotel. Train? Bus? Cab?

We are staying in Via dei sediari. What can we expect to pay if we take a cab from the airport?

This is our first trip to Europe.

Thanks
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:26 AM

From the airport, the Leonardo Express train is about 10-11 Euros and so easy to navigate. Takes you right into Termini and from there you can take a taxi.It does stop running at about 11:30, so that could be a factor. Google Leonardo Express and you can get all the info.
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Don't get scared away from cabs in Italy. All you have to do, when exiting the airport is look for the actual "TAXI" sign that will allow you to queue up for the next taxi. The unregulated cabs are not allowed in that line and you may be approached by a man offering you a cab. Do not take it. Just stand in line. Before you get in, tell them where you are going and asked approximately how much it will cost. If it's in the historic city center you should be charged the flat rate of about 40e. That was for 2 people with luggage.
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:37 AM

Strange...wasn't there a post in front of mine that talked about staying away from taxis because you could be robbed? Did it get deleted or am I seeing things?
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:41 AM

I've taken the train to / from the airport several times, and I don't find it easy to navigate. There are essentially no ramps at the airport, so you will be carrying your luggage up and down stairs.

The train itself isn't in the best of shape. You will find your arrival at the main train station in Rome (with metro connections) at the farthest gate from the taxi stands, which can mean another 10 minute walk to get a taxi.
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:35 AM

We've never had any problem with cabs, either, but have come to prefer a car service for pick-up and drop-off at FCO; it's nice knowing a comfortable, clean Mercedes is waiting for you and at 35 euro for up to four persons, it's hard to beat romeshuttlelimousine.com
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM

email Andrea at [email protected]

He will give you a quote for a car service..they will pick you up right outside of baggage...english speaking driver in a mercedes station wagon..

I have used this service MANY times over the years....WAY EASIER and a lot nicer than waiting in a cab line.
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:57 AM

It's not like the cab line takes hours. We're talking minutes.