Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Osbournes Storm London Stage (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/osbournes-storm-london-stage-726718/)

PalenQ Aug 6th, 2007 06:35 AM

Osbournes Storm London Stage

Kelly Osbourne, one of two completely spoiled brats of Osbourne Family fame, is set to appear in a major West End production i read.

Hope it's better than some of her other UK experiences - such as the one concert when she was apparently booed off the stage for singing like a duck.

No doubt Sharon Oz, with her vast links to the UK entertainment business got Kelley her 'break' - i can't remember what the play is but if Ozzie is in the audience then i'd be there!

tod Aug 6th, 2007 06:53 AM

I really dislike the Osbournes and can't bare to see them on TV - switch channels immediately! Disfunctional families are one thing but when you air all your batty goings on for others.....??!

PalenQ Aug 6th, 2007 07:12 AM

yeh - when i watched the show and i did the first few years with glee - i thought Man an i'm glad these folks are British!

Gotta love Ozzie a bit though. Shrewd Sharon of course was brains behind it all.

audere_est_facere Aug 6th, 2007 08:16 AM

She's apearing in Chicago - her pic is all over the tube, with probably the most intensive air-brushing of all time. She looks quite the fox on the posters. I have however seen Ms Osbourne in real life, and less fox, more warthog.

PalenQ Aug 6th, 2007 08:17 AM

well on the tv show she was rather chunky

PalenQ Aug 7th, 2007 09:20 AM

I wonder what English think of Ozzie - is it like here - think he's rather an idiot but a likeable one?

Is he a national treasure like other famous English rockers?

Do Mancunians (Manchester residents?) treasure him?

PatrickLondon Aug 7th, 2007 09:29 AM

He's a Brummie, so I can't imagine what the Mancs think about him.

I couldn't care two hoots, but generally, yes, he is rather in the comic national treasure league: Boris Johnson with adenoids.

Gordon_R Aug 7th, 2007 09:38 AM

The "Prince of Darkness's" correct moniker is Ozzy, not Ozzie - and he's originally a Brummie (from Birmingham). He's certainly well known this side of the Atlantic, mainly due to the popularity of the reality TV series. Most people here see him as a likeable eccentric, but might be surprised to hear he's sold over 45 million records, and has a sizeable hardcore of fans who love his music and have followed it since the days of the Sabs. His recent UK tour was a sell-out. I was at the Wembley Arena gig which was rocking.

PatrickLondon Aug 7th, 2007 11:26 AM

You can get some idea of how he's seen in the UK by this TV advert he appears in:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=brSEW04iBcU

Idaho_jaane Aug 7th, 2007 12:03 PM

That idiot OZZY and his warthog wife Sharon have a net worth of over 125 million Dollars because... He is a rock and roll god loved by millions of fans all over the world and is in the rock and roll hall of fame. Not to bad for a Brummie comic.

EnglishOne Aug 7th, 2007 12:12 PM

I rather like the oddball. Not sure about the rest of the family though.

Britain does like eccentrics... is this why David Gest won Big Brother??!!!!

PalenQ Aug 7th, 2007 12:15 PM

didn't Ozzy bite off the head of a bat? On stage?

Idaho_jaane Aug 7th, 2007 12:26 PM

Yes.. but he said he thought it was a fake one. He did bite the head off of a dove in a meeting with record company big shots on purpose.

audere_est_facere Aug 8th, 2007 01:04 AM

Was David Gest on Big Brother?

As a teenager I was a big Sabbath fan, and the difference between the image then and the reality now is partly why people like him i guess.

He's going back to Birmingham soon to re-open the town hall, so that gives you some idea of how he's thought of.

johnmel Aug 8th, 2007 03:59 AM

PalenQ

What the hell has Kelly Osbourne appearing in the west end got to do with travel?? Bitcheee... or what?

cailin Aug 8th, 2007 04:01 AM

David Gest wasn't on Big Brother - he was on another reality TV programme called "I'm a celebrity - get me out of here".

barbarajo Aug 8th, 2007 04:15 AM

This is a travel site!! Get me outta here!

EnglishOne Aug 8th, 2007 04:27 AM

oh yes he was 'in the jungle' wasnt he

and he didnt win, I recall now. He came third I think but did much better than the majority of them. He has his own show now called Being David Gest. He really hams up the 'eccentric' bit in it.

Idaho_jaane Aug 8th, 2007 04:31 AM

Are you talking about the gay guy that married Judy Garlan's daughter?

audere_est_facere Aug 8th, 2007 04:34 AM

That's the chap. I was absolutely shocked to the marrow when I found out his sexuality - who'd a thought it?