Reload this Page >

** or*** hotel convenient to Rome airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:33 AM
sue

Need suggestions for 2 or 3 star hotel convenient to Rome Airport ( leonardo Di Vin)

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:35 AM
oh`oh

OH MY GOD!!!!! Are you ever in for it now Sue. Did you not even look at the other posyt you put here with no city name.........did you not see the slams and knocks? OH OH OH you are in such deep doodoo now babe

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Sue

Yes, I noticed replys to first message.Opps - I was thinking about too many things at one time - sorry about that!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:24 PM
ledbetter

I have three suggestions. It depends on what is most important to you.<BR><BR>1) If you just want a fairly inexpensive hotel that is so near the airport it isn't convenient to the city, I recommend you check into a hotel in Ostia. There are several and they are only a little ways away from the airport, and they all have shuttles. You can find them by searching yahoo or msn. They run about $100-$125 a night I think.<BR><BR>2) If you want an inexpensive hotel where you can see the city and still be convenient to the airport I recommend Hotel Paba. It is right near the Collosseum and about 2 blocks from the via Cavour Metro stop. You can ride the Metro to Termini and then board the shuttle from Termini to the airport. the Metro ticket is Euro .77 a person and the shuttle ticket is Euro 4.73 a person. Hotel Paba is between Euro 110 and Euro 140 a night.<BR><BR>3) If you can afford a bit extra.... The Sheraton Roma is not convenient to the city but has a free hourly shuttle to the airport. It was Euro 187 a night but it was incredible. They have rooms a little less than that as well. This hotel is really nice.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Walter

Actually Sue I loved the responses to your 1st post. No personal experience but this airport hotel pops-up alot Mach 2 www.hotelmach2.it They have a shuttle but it doesn't start until 0700 and no service Sunday & holidays. You should be able to put up a few past posts in a search. Regards, Walter

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 02:46 PM
RG

We went to Rome a few months ago and thought about staying the last night near the airport. We finally stayed in the city center and just drove out in the morning. There isn't much traffic early in the morning and we were able to spend one more night in Rome. FYI, we stayed at the Hotel Genio, which is a great hotel near Piazza Navona.<BR>Cheers.<BR>RG

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:41 PM
henly

http://www.airportpalacehotel.com/<BR><BR>Very nice hotel and with entertainment card we got 50 percent off. It is 4 star, but it cost us 75 dollars last August. Free shuttle to airport also!

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Karen

Sue, I just got back from 14 days in Italy and was in the same situation as you. Where to stay the last night. I checked out many of the suggestions here and they were fine, but not much cheaper than the Hilton which is the only hotel at the airport. They have something called the Sleep & Fly which cost me $187 dollars and included a buffet breakfast for two you would not believe after eating Italian breakfast for two weeks. Eggs, omelets, bacon, fruit, bagels, cereal, worth at least $20 a person. And we were told to get to the airport two hours ahead of time, and glad we did, they were slow and searching alot of people. You don't want to be late. You just walk out of your room and grab an airport cart and walk to the airport. Worth every penny. Apply for a Hilton Honors card first, takes a few days, then call back and tell them you want the Sleep and Fly rate and you are an Honors member. Hope this helps. Rooms were great, also. Karen

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Karen

I forgot to tell you they have a free bus service to center of Rome. The last one leaves Rome at 10:15pm, but there are many times to go there. We took the 7:00pm ride, had a wonderful last night dinner.If we had gotten to the airport earlier I could have taken an earlier time and still stayed until 10:15

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:18 AM
sue

thanks for all the replys - will stay at the Hilton

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Grandma

Karen, I'm just about to make reservations for the Hilton. Where in Rome does the shuttle drop passengers? Also, how late do returns to the hotel run?<BR>Many thanks.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:30 PM
Cheryl

Karen---<BR>I just called about the Hilton at the Airport in Rome and they couldn't find any info about a "Sleep and Fly" with <BR>breakfast! Is there another way it could be listed --- they weren't too much help. How did you make your reservations ---through the 800# ?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Cheryl

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:00 AM
Karen

Grandma, The bus drops you by a theatre(can't think of the name), close to the Piazza Farnese. You can walk easily to Campo di Fiori and Piazza Navona. You can leave many times during the day, but the last pick up back to the hotel is at 10:15pm. Cheryl, I sent you a personal e-mail about the sleep and fly and I hope helps. Karen

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:14 PM
Grandma

Many thanks for the info. (The little gray cells must be getting fuzzy (or I scroll too fast)... you had answered one of my questions already - -

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 03:17 AM
tttt

what a dilemma<BR>?