I would really appreciate some advice, and perhaps a dose of courage, regarding car rental out of Paris to get us to the Loire Valley.
Typically, we would take the TGV to Tours, pick up in Tours---simple, right? But, due to a wierd confluence of factors, that plan won't work.
Those factors are:
-an inflexible arrival date (it's complicated, we're staying with a host from a previous trip who can't change her dates)
-The Tours Europcar no longer has the 4-person wagon car size they had 2 years ago. (I'd prefer not to get a smaller car with the kids, luggage, and the amount of driving we'll be doing over 2 weeks.)
-Also, we'll actually be going from London to Tours---in one day if we can. Even if Europcar were to have the car we want, making the trip on trains (Eurostar then TGV to Tours), it would be a 6+ hour journey.
So... we thought we could shorten the process and fly from London to Paris (Orly or CDG) and drive from there. That lands us at CDG or Orly. At that point, we could either:
-pick up car at Orly?
-transfer out to Versailles or Chartres or _________ (fill in the blank with some other nearby town) and pick up the car there. I'd be interested in the one with the easiest connections from the airport.
-pick up car at CDG... um... no thanks. I'm not feeling confident enough to do that.
What do you all suggest?
Thanks in advance for the problem solving!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~844~853:3131 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 3 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 4 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Barcelona to Malaga
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Getting around Lisbon
- 9 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 10 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 11 Milan airport--which one
- 12 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 13 Which Area in London?
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Visit to France
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017