Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Opps...we wanted a relaxing spanish vac...I booked during holy week.
Notices

Opps...we wanted a relaxing spanish vac...I booked during holy week.

Sep 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Opps...we wanted a relaxing spanish vac...I booked during holy week.

We are booked to fly into Malaga wed april 16, and out of Granada wed april 23. We had wanted to have more of a countryside less populated trip than expected in Barcelona & Madrid so booked southern spain. Did not realize it was booked over the holy week and it will be crazy busy there. We will still be going to Granada on Easter and flying out of there, but looking for advice to spend wed 16 - sat 19 in the area near Malaga or Granada that might not be so packed with people/noise. Thanks for ideas!
Sep 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM

Have a look at the Alpujarras just south of Granada.
Sep 28th, 2013, 04:08 PM

You mean you haven't booked your accommodations as yet? Good luck! It will be expensive just about everywhere you go, except for some of the smaller villages outside of where the major Semana Santa celebrations will be taking place. The only good thing about your planned itinerary is that on the 21st and 22nd in Granada will be quiet.

The Las Alpujarras area will do fine, depending on what you're interest are. The Estrella de las Nieves in Pampaneira may be a good option. But you'd better hurry as rooms are already in short supply because of Holy Week.

http://www.malagaturismo.com

Search this Thread