Opinions Wanted re Maison Fournaise in Chatou

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2020, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be in Paris a few days in mid-September, taking the train over from Bruges on a Thursday. While La Promenade Plantee is on my "this time must do" list (of course I saw the Julie Delpsy trilogy), along with a few of the covered passages (have earmarked 4-5), the Resistance Musee in the 14th, and possibly the Marmotton (though Impressionists no longer my fave), is lunch out in Maison Fournaise worth the half day it will no doubt take up. We may only be in town 3 nights. Anyone know when they start taking reservations? If we get better fares staying till Monday rather than Sunday, I think it'll be easy to include. But of course there are better lunches to be found in Paris, and we've been "up river" to other points so would not expand on the target. Thanks Fodorites as usual........
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 02:00 PM

If you're not a big fan of the Impressionists, I'm not sure why you'd go to La Maison Fournaise. I've gone at least a dozen times and love it, but I'm a big Renoir and Impressionist fan. One doesn't go there for the food, as you've noted, although it's perfectly good, so I think you'd probably be better off using that half-day for something else.

If you do decide to go, I'm sure their website can give you reservation information.
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 08:12 PM
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. But the book about that painting by what's-her-name was so delightful and I do love that painting and much of Renoir! We'll see if we can make it happen. I guess am thinking the Marmotton mostly Monet, who's not a fave
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by aliced
Ok, thanks. But the book about that painting by what's-her-name was so delightful and I do love that painting and much of Renoir! We'll see if we can make it happen. I guess am thinking the Marmotton mostly Monet, who's not a fave
taking note here. Never been to chatou.
Who is J Delpsy btw ?
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 07:21 AM

I am pretty sure the OP is referring to Julie Delpy the actress and the Before Sunrise Trilogy movie series with Ethan Hawke. Here's an interesting article with some of the back story about the films

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...unset-midnight
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Yup, she and Ethan Hawke were the couple -- the trilogy was relased over some years and enjoyed all three -- think the first was set up in the Promenade Plantee -- the films were in the 'art' theatres I think.