I have already posted something about a 2 1/2 weeks trip to Turkey (mid-june to beginning of july). We are two students and backpackers looking for (relatively) cheap and off-the-beaten-track places that offer a good base to explore the surrounding ruins/natural sights/towns by public transportation. We are also looking to stay in places where we have close access to a market to buy food and, ideally, to a beach. After the responses that we got, here is the itinerary that we came up with:
After a flight Ljuljana-Istanbul-Bursa, we will travel by bus to Dalyan. If you have any info about this bus trip please share. We will be flying during the night and will be arriving in Bursa around 8:30 am. We are arguing wether we should rest for a night in Bursa or get to Dalyan right away. Is it simple to get from Bursa to Dlyan?
- Dalyan: 4 nights
- Patara (Gelemis) OR Olimpos OR Anamur OR Sifike (? I need your help for this choice): 4 nights
- Gorème (or Cirali?): 5 nights
- Istanbul : 5 nights
Flight back to Montreal from Istanbul.
For the tough choice on the Mediterranean coast, we are wondering: is Olimpos worth it? I know it is very much on the beaten track, but is the vibe of the place worth it?
Please go ahead and critique our choice or recommend places to stay if you have experience in these regions!
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार CHARTER 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CHARTER Tec*h care
- 2 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 2 week May trip with kids
- 5 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 8 Sleep at Heathrow
- 9 Rail vs. Plane
- 10 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 11 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Self Drive UK tour
- 14 Where to See Flamenco
- 15 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 16 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 17 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 18 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 19 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 20 Airport Transfer
- 21 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy