I am currently drawing an itinerary for a 2 weeks and a half trip (june-july 2012) on the Turkish Aegean and Mediterranean coast. I would like to know if there are such towns that are unspoiled by tourism OR that have a nice student/backpackers vibe. They must be a good base to visit the surrounding ruins or natural attractions.
Here are a few details. Me and my friend will be backpacking on a budget mainly on the coasts, but also in Capadoccia. We will be travelling by public transportation. Here are the main places that we want to see:
- Éphesus (Prieme, Miletus, Didyma, Miletus)
- Dilek National Park
- Nermut Dragi
Here are the towns that interest us:
- Goreme (or Capadoccia in general)
- Ankara (is it worth it?)
I know I might look for something that is rather impossible to find, but I will gladly take any recommendation. Please feel free to tell your opinion about the places you've stayed at!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT DELL Techh care
- 2 DELL PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT DELL Techh care
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 7 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 11 Trans Siberian Train
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Scotland ideas
- 14 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 15 London vacation rental agency
- 16 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 17 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 18 South of France
- 19 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 20 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 21 My France Vacation
- 22 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 23 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 24 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 25 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
opinions please : un-touristy, cheap, authentic towns on the turkish coast?