Reload this Page >

opinions on these amalfi coast hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2000, 02:51 PM
joshua ross

i tried this once before, but didn't get too many replies. <BR> <BR>i will be spending 5 nights on the amalfi coast as part of a 17-night honeymoon. trying to decide on two hotels of the following: <BR> <BR>positano: la sireneuse or san pietro? <BR>ravello: villa cimbrone or palazzo sasso? <BR>amalfi: santa catarina or cappucini convento? <BR> <BR>i am looking for any/all opinions on the above hotels. if you'd stayed there in the last few years, let me know what you thought! <BR> <BR>thanks, josh <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 07:17 AM
elizabeth

Hi Joshua - I'm afraid I can't help you directly, but there have been a lot of postings about these hotels so if you search by the hotel name (or town name) you should find what you're looking for.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 10:46 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

JOSHUA, I know it is your honeymoon and <BR>you want to do it right. Given those <BR>choices I would pick Sirenuese and <BR>Sasso. However, I have stayed more than <BR>once in both locations and I would stay <BR>at half that cost at 2 other charming <BR>places. The Casa Albertina in Positano <BR>and the Villa Maria in Ravello. Both <BR>are much smaller, half the cost, and <BR>wonderful vistas. It is your money.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 11:21 AM
lola

San Pietro is further out of town but my favorite. Sasso is a bit glitzy--recently updated, but gorgeous. Tossup. The Amalfi hotels are both great and evocative. You can't miss at any, lucky devil.

Old Jul 9th, 2000, 11:41 PM
francesca

We spent our honeymoon in the Cappucini Convento. It is an old-style hotel, so if you like brand new modern things, you won't love it. Make sure to ask for a NEW room--some were freshened-up, some weren't, and we got an old one at first and asked to be changed (no problem). The views are stunning. Amalfi is a nice town and a pleasant base for a stay on the coast. The service, esp. in the restaurant, was excellent and we have fond memories of the waiters and their kindness. The food was good. The San Pietro looked lovely, but far from a town (it's not exactly IN Positano). Ravello is stunning, but a bit far from everything else. It would be a great place to stay in you wish to spend most of your time in Ravello and maybe just spend a day or so touring the rest of the coast. I thought it was by far the most beautiful spot in the area. Don't hesitate to send mail with more questions. Also, the Cappucini has a good web site (do a search...). Bon voyage.