Reload this Page >

Opinions Hotel Rossia or other close-in hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:31 AM
Hank and Karen

Hi, my wife and I will be traveling in the next few weeks to Moscow and was wondering if anyone had opinions/advice on the Hotel Rossia or any other not too expensive, but safe and clean close-in hotels.<BR>Thanks.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:13 PM
Christy

Hi Hank-<BR>I recently returned from my first trip to Moscow. We stayed at the Hotel Moskva and found it to do the trick. We had a room that overlooked the Kremlin and enjoyed sitting in the window and people-watching from the 9th floor. It was in a great location near 3 subway stops. Only drawbacks are: the hotel staff (few speak any English or are very friendly) and when we stayed there, there was construction outside our window which made it difficult to sleep but that should be over by now (check before you reserve!). In liu of help at the Moskva Hotel, you can go next door to the wonderful Western Hotel Metropol.<BR><BR>We saw the Hotel Rossia. It was on the other side of the square from the Moskva Hotel and closer to the river. Definitely ask for a room with a view of St. Basil's and the Kremlin if you stay there.<BR><BR>Have a great trip! I am jealous - wish I could go back!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:27 AM
Marc David Miller

Both the Moskva and the Rossiya have great locations, but understand that their service levels are not at all what you get from a business class hotel in the United States (I've stayed at the Rossiya and visited the Moskva several times). Also, the phone calls from prostitutes can be at least inconvenient. They do offer good value for their rates, though.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 12:41 PM
carson

Marc........you gagster!<BR><BR>Btw, I was thankful that neither the Baltschug in Moscow or the better Grand Hotel Europe in StP engaged in these practices. However, the girls were quite obvious in the lobby bar in StP and it seemed clear that there was some sort of arrangement with the hotel.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:42 AM
Christy

Better get in to the Moskva Hotel before they tear it down! See news of plans to "raze" and "rebuild":<BR><BR>http://www.russiajournal.com/news/index.shtml?nd=13972#n13972<BR><BR>http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2002/07/02/061.html<BR><BR>