Reload this Page >

Opinion on Virgin Vacations/hotels?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:31 AM
Ron

We will be in London in May. We're looking at some of the Virgin Atlantic vacation packages and wondered if anyone had any opinions or knowledge about any of the hotels listed such as Central House, Blakemore Hotel, Royal Sussex Hotel, K West Hotel, Kensington Europe, Post House Kensington, Kensington Moat House, Thistle Kensington Gardens, Sloane Square Moat House, Drury Lane Moat House, Jurys Great Russell Street Hotel, Strand Palace Hotel. Thanks for your help.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 01:49 PM
mimi

ttt

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:17 PM
Leslie

I stayed at the Posthouse Kensington a couple of years ago. It's a standard businessman's hotel, but is also featured in both the Virgin Atlantic and British Airways packages. When I was there, the rooms were being remodeled. We opted for a larger, more modern room, which was about $10 more than what we were initially going to pay. The hotel is a block from the metro stop, and only a couple of stops to the center of London. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in the area. As I recall, we had fun browsing in a supermarket in that area.<BR><BR>The hotel has a nice pub and at least 2 restaurants and a pool. A buffet breakfast was included in the price of our room, and there was an enormous selection of choices. <BR><BR>The rooms were quiet, and well appointed. The bathrooms are modern, with a big deep tub, fluffy towels, and a selection of shampoos, etc. There is also room service.<BR><BR>A friend of mine recommended this hotel and he always stays at the Posthouse Kensington during his 4 annual trips to London, as the hotel is well located to get to the antique shops.<BR><BR>Also, the hotel is very close to Kensington Palace.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Monica

I am also looking into both the Virgin atlantic vactions packages and the British Airline packages and there is a big difference in price(approx $400) for basically the same thing. Has anyone used either one of packages and if so What is your opinion of it.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Lisa

I stayed at the Radisson but the Kensington Moat House was around the corner and I did take a look at it. (I plan to go back)<BR>Everything was new and the place had a 1999 sign on it as it's opening.

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 07:19 AM
ConstanceZ

Sorry to be topping but any other thoughts?