Reload this Page >

only 7 hours in London!!

Search

only 7 hours in London!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 09:49 PM
sayrah

only 7 hours in London!!

In a few weeks I will be able to spend 7 hours in london. I know this is a very short amount of time. Does anyone have advice as to what I definatley should see and the quickest way to do it??

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 10:12 PM
Leslie

Take a Round London (or equivalent)double decker sightseeing tour...big red or maroon colored buses. You'll find them just about anywhere but especially near Victoria or Paddington Stations. If its not raining, you can sit up top w/ a fabulous view, get oriented by a lovely live guide, hop on and off the bus. From that experience you'll spot what else appeals to you to squeeze in during your short time..depending upon your tastes..You'll not have time for the inside of museums but to just view Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, Parliament, the Thames, Trafalgar Sq. from the outside is a thrill. For a respite, try afternoon high tea at Brown's Hotel or the St. James Restaurant at the top of Fortnum and Mason...then perhaps shop a bit at Harrod's...Splurge on a few taxi rides - they are cheap and fast way from point A to point B, considering how valuable your time is and a blast, so unlike anything in the US! Since it sounds like you are from NYC, you could skip the underground as too time consuming, but must say my California kids and I thought it very fun! Cheerio!

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 06:37 AM
sylvia

I'd agree about the bus. You can hop on and off wherever you like, so if you spot a "must see" you can look at it and then get the next bus. <BR>But only 7 hours in London! You could take seven months at least and not see half.

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 06:59 AM
Patrick

I agree with the bus idea, the best for the least amount of time. I hope your 7 hours isn't reduced by time to and from the airport(s)?

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 07:17 PM
Mary C.

Leslie, you are an absolute Godsend! I'm printing this out right away. I, too, am searching for such info as I am staying just the one night in London before taking the Chunnel into Paris (want to get there as early as possible). Thanks!!

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 07:30 PM
x

Just a comment on the bus tour. It's grat on the weekend, when there's no traffic, but during the weekdays it can be very frustrating. Walking/underground may be a better alternative.