Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Only 4 days in Seville - can we fit in a daytrip?

Only 4 days in Seville - can we fit in a daytrip?

Jan 7th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

Only 4 days in Seville - can we fit in a daytrip?

We'll be in Seville at the end of August 2011 for 4 days (a full 4 days, travel time isn't included here) and are wondering if we would have enough time to do a day trip to Cordoba? I know its an easy train ride, but then we would only have 3 full days of Seville itself - is this enough? In your guys' opinion is a day trip to Cordoba worth one less day in Seville? Or are there any suggestions for a different day trip destination?

During this trip the only other portion spent in Spain will be 5 days in Barcelona.

Thanks!
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:28 AM

Of course you can if you want. It's up to you, I don't know what to tell you on that point. I think 3 days in Seville is enough, but you might not. Yes, I think it is definitely worth it given it is Cordoba. I wouldn't if it were some place of little interest.

I think Cordoba is the easiest and best day trip from Seville if you had to choose one. I went there and also to Jerez de Frontera and I was only in Seville 6 days, as I recall (maybe 5). The day trip t6o Jerez is not as easy as there is not train, and it wasn't even easy to figure out how to get where I wanted to go once there. There were no taxis available and no maps in the bus station, which surprised me. I thought for sure being the main bus station for visitors, there would be a welcome deesk with city maps or something. No such luck. I wanted to go to the famous Equestrian school for a show but never made it due to lack of info on how to get there and no taxis (it was pouring rain, that was why no taxis, and I wasn't going to wander around town in the rain).

Cordoba was great.
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM

In short, Yes.

On our first trip to Seville we were also based there for 4 days. I would say that you can see most of the main sites/sights in 3 days. It is nowhere near as larger European cities which leaves an extra day for a day trip out.

You could easily hire a car a make it to Arcos and Jerez or down to the coast at Sanlucar. The bodegas and Spanish horse scool are well worth the trip to Jerez.
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Christina! I just wanted to be sure that we wouldn't be too rushed with only 3 days in Seville. I appreciate the help
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys
Jan 7th, 2011, 09:58 AM

Info on Seville. www.maribelsguides.com
Jan 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM

Adoc86

It is down to simple logistics. There is a lot to see in Seville but most of the main sights are walkable (European standard of walkable).

Compare this to the logistics in Barcelona where we lost close to a day making a trip to the Nou Camp by metro.
Jan 7th, 2011, 11:19 AM

With 4 days I think this would be good to see Sevilla and do one daytrip. Personally my first choice for a daytrip would be Cordoba. I don't think you'll have time for more than 1 daytrip in the 4 day total.

Search this Thread