Reload this Page >

Online Italian Newspaper in English- a great resource for Italian travel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Sally

http://www.italydaily.concento.it/canali/main_italydaily.jhtml<BR><BR>This is an online Italian newspaper in English that an Italian friend just emailed to us. This issue has an article on Lago Maggiore where our friend lives.It is full of very detailed information about various regions of Italy.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Angela

Thanks Sally! I often wondered why there wasn't a bridge connecting Sicily to the mainland and there's a story right on the front page. A lot of other useful info as well!

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Pete

What am I going wrong? I click onto ENGLISH but it just gives me that one page in ENGLISH. Everything els I click on is in Italian????

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Betsy

This is a nice resource, Sally. Thanks for sharing the information. Pete, it looks like the links are in Italian--a good chance to brush up?

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:38 AM
Pete

Then, what's the point of it being in Enligsh if the only thing that is in English is one page????

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Sara

I looked at this website and the English portions are a great resource for travellers. Pete - yes, the links at the bottom of page are in Italian. Those on the left column are in English -- and as I noted they are targeting the tourist market.<BR>

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Pete

Sorry, i just typed in www.italydaily.com instead of the whole thing???<BR>As my daughter would say, I must have had a brain fart!<BR>The other site is great!

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Wayne

Sally--Great Suggestion. As for your daughter, Pete, if she were my daughter I'd have her wash her mouth out with soap---maybe lye soap. That kind of remark from a kid reflects poor upbringing.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Letitia

Thank you so much for the link. Now I will be much more informed about what is happening locally when I go to Italy this fall. Especially helpfull will be the "Travel Updates" section which lists all upcoming strikes!

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Andre

Sally,<BR><BR>Thanks for the link!<BR><BR>Wayne, YOUR remark reflects poor upbringing - and your lacking sense of humour...<BR><BR>Andre

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Pete

Actually, that remark was made by my daughter's teacher to one of her students to try to ease the tension when the student said the wrong answer. My daughter is a very respectful person with a good upbringing. You should lighten up Wayne. Thanks for the support Andre.

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 06:55 AM
gaye

Sally, thanks for the info about this website, really fun to look at! I see we will miss the strikes there by one day, thank god!

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 08:12 PM
John

Gaye,<BR><BR> Could you please tell me when the trains are planning to go on strike?

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 07:18 AM
gaye

John<BR>Go to this website and click on travel updates.

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 05:31 PM

reportedly a problem with the URL of this website?<BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Pat

Try copying and pasting the url. It just worked for me.